Job Number: 2574697Business: GE PowerBusiness Segment: PWR-WDP Water & Distributed PowerAbout Us: GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.Posted Position Title: Field Service RepresentativeCareer Level: ExperiencedFunction: ServicesFunction Segment: Field Services and MaintenanceLocation: AustraliaU.S. State, China or Canada Provinces: City: Adelaide, South AustraliaPostal Code: 5725Relocation Assistance: NoRole Summary/Purpose: The FSR plays an integral role within the business & has day to day responsibilities managing customer expectations in relation to monitoring & assessing plant operational parameters, providing the necessary support & feedback to the Customer & their operational team, trouble shooting, conducting preventative maintenance on GE Equipment, chemical dosing equipment & instrumentation, maintaining chemical inventories, site logs & performance monitoring data, as well as providing operations support.Essential Responsibilities:
- Monitor and assess plant operational parameters and provide feedback to Customer and GE management.
- Monitor corrosion rates of mild steel, stainless steel and copper.
- Corrosion coupons for the various treated systems shall be analysed, replaced, and reported on every 30 and 90 days as required.
- Collects micro’s and corrosion coupons for preparation, labelling and shipment to laboratory.
- Supply, installation and service of GE water quality and monitoring equipment, namely: Corrosion coupon bypass racks & Retractable corrosion probes
- Automated chemical feed control equipment.
- Maintain current supply of reagents, sampling containers and coupons
Monitors and records chemical usage rates, inventory and pump settings
- Preventative maintenance on dosing pumps and inventory of critical spare parts
- Helps conducts in-plant studies and evaluation of new products
- On-going maintenance of all chemicals storage and dosing equipment including supply of spare parts and replacement of pumps if required.
- Maintenance of all labels; dosing lines and ensuring good housekeeping at all times.
- Record and update all test parameters and chemical consumption into TrueSense View (our Remote Monitoring and Control Statistical Data Management Program) and on the GE database.
- Records customer operating, system and equipment data and informs.
- Manager of changes
Responsible for operation and maintenance of Company equipment
Provide methods of all chemical testing and training as to the analysis and interpretation of these results.
- Assist with technical support if required and attend all Water Team meetings as requested with the account or Area manager.
- Monitor and advise on the regular sampling and analysis for HPC and Legionella.
- HPC and Legionella samples to be taken monthly by the GE field service representative.
- Review all water test results and chemical consumption figures monthly and summarise test results for Manager review
- Monitors and records chemical usage rates, inventory and pump setting’s, Keep dosing tanks full
Enters data into spreadsheets and executes the relevant analysis program.
- Updating of Customer files on GE Libraries.
- Conduct Compliance reviews
- Audit of Lab and field procedures and Methods
- Submission of samples to Lab for compliance reviews
- Maintenance of Site Manual and Technical Procedures and documents
- Completion of EHS & Technical Training program modules as required under your personal training program.
- Identify new applications/technologies to drive increased revenues for GE within existing accounts serviced by yourself.
- Identify value generation projects for the account and assist the Account manager to prove and finalise PnP.
- Ensure company procedures and safety guidelines are followed at all times
- Address customer issues in a timely manner to ensure high level of customer satisfaction.
- Develop and maintain preventive maintenance procedures.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot customer related issues.
- Recommend effective changes in service activities
- Identify key sales opportunities to enhance company revenue.
- Develop professional and healthy relationship with clients, management and internal staff.
- Prepare and maintain service related documentations.
- Collect water samples and conduct analytical tests.
- Summarize test results and prepare for Managers review.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications: Desired Characteristics:
- Professional or trade background with solid experience in the water treatment industry.
- Results Oriented.
- Ability to build long term strong relationships.
- Strong Analytical & Diagnostic Skills
- Strong Technical and Mechanical Knowledge.
- Strong communication skills – both verbal and written.
- Demonstrated commitment to EH&S and compliance.
- Employees to conduct themselves in accordance with GE’s Growth values at all times
- Employees to conduct themselves in accordance with GE’s Spirit of the Letter obligations at all times