Job Number: 2593034Business: GE CapitalBusiness Segment: Capital - InternationalAbout Us: GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE Capital’s Commercial Distribution Finance (CDF) facilitates the movement of finished inventory and certain account receivable between Manufacturers, Distributors and Dealers/Resellers. Being involved in all stages of the supply chain means we know what kinds of services will help you keep your business booming. For a greater understanding of our offering, visit www.gecdf.comPosted Position Title: Marketing SpecialistCareer Level: ExperiencedFunction: MarketingFunction Segment: Commercial MarketingLocation: AustraliaU.S. State, China or Canada Provinces: City: RichmondPostal Code: 3121Relocation Assistance: NoRole Summary/Purpose: The role supports the Director (Product & Marketing) in helping to drive the execution of the marketing agenda for the GE Capital - CDF business. The Marketing Specialist will play a key role in developing and executing a highly effective program of marketing initiatives/solutions, content and customer communications to support business strategy.
This role must balance the need for superior quality outcomes, timeliness of execution and full compliance rigour.Essential Responsibilities: Product Marketing & Communications (90%)
- Implement Marketing initiatives for GE Commercial Distribution Finance business that communicates our value proposition to customers and meets GE Capital legal, compliance and branding requirements; whilst demonstrating tangible business recommendations based on customer insights.
- Support industry strategies by leading industry events, sponsorships and other industry initiatives. Deliver targeted acquisition and retention initiatives to support the Sales teams and business strategy to drive pipeline growth and conversion including (but not limited to) DM, PR, outbound calling, industry reports and newsletters.
- Assist in the development of major business project GTM plans and execute.
- Develop and implement internal & external marcomms (including advertising, promotional and public relations initiatives) in a way that enhances the achievement of business strategy. Support key initiatives such as NPI’s, system enhancements, cross functional projects, product and CVP/sales collateral.
- Work closely with the digital team to deliver content for GE Capital website as required.
OPEX management, reporting, forecasting (5%)
- Manage budget reconciliations, including PO raising, receipting and invoice processing in a timely manner and provide reporting to Opex leader as required on spend vs. budget.
- Ensuring the area of responsibility is conducted in a compliant ethical manner consistent with GE Spirit & Letter and external legislative and regulatory requirements.
- Escalate any Compliance, Legislative or Regulatory issues and/or concerns through the appropriate channels.
- Understand and ensure all Compliance, Legislative & Regulatory responsibilities are met.Qualifications/Requirements: Qualifications
- Degree qualified (Marketing and Business / Finance / Accounting preferred)
- Proven technical marketing skills across the disciplines of positioning, communication and promotion
- Experience in planning, developing, implementing and measuring integrated Marketing campaigns, especially sales collateral and customer communications.
- Experience managing external agencies
- Market research experience (desired)
- E-marketing experience (desired)
- Events management (desired)Additional Eligibility Qualifications: Desired Characteristics: Experience
- Proven professional experience in a marketing communications position
- B2B experience highly regarded (but not essential)
- An understanding of financial services industry dynamics including regulatory environment, compliance and credit risk.
- Proven ability to establish a strong and disciplined operating and communicating rhythm with key stakeholders
- Past record of developing effective networks internally and externally, across a range of business levels and positions.
- Knowledge of risk and legal implications associated with Marketing strategies (desired)
- Working knowledge of Operations, Risk, Compliance, Sales (desired)
- Previous P&L exposure (desired)Skills
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite
- Commercial acumen
- Proven presentation skills across all levels of the business including writing and delivering presentations
- Influencing skills, negotiation and stakeholder management
- Problem solving
- Project and budget management
- Highly organised with the ability to simultaneously manage multiple tasks and projects with proven success in executing marketing strategies.
- Strong action-oriented focus, results driven, highly risk/result aware. Can anticipate problems and implement proactive solutions.
- Excellent and succinct communication skills – both written and oral