Job Number: 2591528Business: GE Oil & GasBusiness Segment: OG-SURF SurfaceAbout Us: GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.Posted Position Title: Project Quality CoordinatorCareer Level: ExperiencedFunction: QualityFunction Segment: Administration and SupportLocation: AustraliaU.S. State, China or Canada Provinces: City: Postal Code: 5013Relocation Assistance: NoRole Summary/Purpose: The Project Quality Coordinator is a key member of the team that is responsible for implementing, driving and maintaining quality processes throughout the organization to ensure continuous compliance to project related specifications. They are also responsible for performing and witnessing inspection of product, review, approval and collation of quality documents consistent with project related specifications. This role will be a maximum term contract position for 2 years.Essential Responsibilities:
- Ensuring that Quality Plans / ITP’s are followed and maintained throughout the manufacturing process
- Liaising with customers and third party surveyors with regards to inspection points as detailed in the ITP and Quality Plan
- Assisting Sourcing with liaising with vendors to ensure components meet GE expectations
- Coordinating review of vendor documentation with other areas of GE for documents which require approval prior to manufacture
- Carrying out receipt inspection of incoming products
- Review and approval of vendor supplied quality documentation such as material certificates, NDE reports, hydrostatic test reports etc…
- Attending witness / hold points as detailed in the Quality Plan / ITP and accurately documenting results
- Collation of material data records in accordance with project specifications
- Presenting material data records to customers and third party surveyors during manufacturing stage and upon completion of the project
- Raising of internal and external non-conformance reports, ensuring corrective / preventive actions are effectively put into place
- Retrieval of data from online databases such as non-conformance reports, concessions, technical queries, specification deviations, corrective / preventive actions and customer satisfaction reports
- Creating reports based on project quality KPI’s and presenting to the relevant people
- Continuously ensuring compliance to customer and third party project related specifications
- Associate diploma or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or
- Trade certificate mechanical trace; fitter, turner, machinist, boilermaker plus relevant experience
- Minimum 3 year of relevant experience
- Thorough understanding of fabrication and assembly processes
- Thorough understanding of engineering drawings and specifications
- Experienced and familiar with the requirements of Quality Management System standards such as ISO 9001:2008 (and 2015)
Additional Eligibility Qualifications: Desired Characteristics:
Email: Uses MS Outlook to create and send e-mail messages; opens and sends attachments and managers e-mail filesWord Processing: Uses MS Word to create, format, save, retrieve and edit document filesSpreadsheets:
- Detailed, analytical, process orientated approachAbility to drive issues to a robust closure in a timely manner
- Proficient interpersonal, communication and facilitation skillsReasoning Abilities
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exits.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule formLanguage Skills – able to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondenceMathematical skills
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
- Ability toApply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Able to understand both Imperial and Metric Measurement
- Intermediate Computer Skills with experience in Microsoft Office Suite to perform a variety of tasks including:
Uses MS Excel to enter, manipulate and format text and numerical data; inserts, deletes and manipulates cells, rows and columns; creates, saves, retrieves and edits worksheets, charts and graphsPowerPoint:
uses Power Point to create, format, save, retrieve and edit document files