Job Number: 2603477Business: GE Global Growth OrganizationBusiness Segment: Global Growth Organization - Australia/New ZealandAbout Us: GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.Posted Position Title: Legal and Compliance ProfessionalCareer Level: ExperiencedFunction: LegalFunction Segment: CommercialLocation: AustraliaU.S. State, China or Canada Provinces: City: JandakotPostal Code: 6164Relocation Assistance: NoRole Summary/Purpose: The Legal and Compliance Professional will provide assistance to the legal and compliance teams of GE’s oil and gas business in Asia Pacific, focused primarily on the business in Australia, New Zealand and Papua New Guinea, per below:Essential Responsibilities: Legal Responsibilities (50%)
- Negotiating, reviewing and drafting terms and conditions of international and domestic sales agreements with customers for the supply of equipment, services and other activities, both short and long-term.
- Providing advice and counsel on company law, controllership and regulatory issues with regard to daily operations of O&G activities in Australia.
- Leading simplification and standardization initiatives.
- Providing legal support to the contract execution team regarding contract interpretation and guidance, particularly regarding disputes or other issues that develop during contract execution.
- Assisting with regional training of sales, commercial and other functions on legal risks and contracting skills
- Keeping abreast of legal developments in the O&G industry in Australia and globally.
- Providing assistance on a wide range of legal issues to other members of the global and regional O&G and GGO legal teams.
Compliance Responsibilities (50%)
- Have basic knowledge of compliance policies and processes to answer general compliance questions for ANZ
- Support and execute on regional compliance initiatives in ANZ, including those from global (e.g., S&L compliance assessment, communications toolkits)
- Assist APAC Compliance Leader to identify ANZ compliance needs (including training) & work to schedule
- Carry out / lead compliance investigations in ANZ under supervision of APAC region compliance leader as case manager
- Assist APAC compliance leader to identify potential rewards & recognition recipients
- Coordinate with APAC compliance leader to ensure proper communication of corporate priorities and ensure adoption at ANZ sites
- Assist APAC compliance leader to drive training, communication, leadership engagement and other related compliance metrics in ANZ
- Work closely with GGO and APAC region compliance leaders for alignment
- Support ANZ leadership including advising on current compliance issues in ANZ
- Providing assistance on a wide range of compliance issues to other members of the global and regional O&G and GGO legal teams.Qualifications/Requirements: Qualifications
- Legal degree from accredited law school with a demonstrable superior academic record and training, admission to a bar in Australia, with current legal practitioner’s practicing certificate.
- Admission to a bar in Australia
- Approximately 4-5 years of legal post-qualification experience in a law firm in Australia, that includes, ideally:
o Experience in drafting international / domestic sales agreements;
o Experience in general commercial contracts or mergers and acquisitions;
o Experience in working and negotiating with international customers;
o Experience in the Oil & Gas and Energy sectors preferable, but not required.
- Superior advocacy skills, including the ability to effectively and efficiently communicate in writing and orally, and aptitude for practical negotiation. The capability to think clearly and quickly under pressure and the composure to satisfy multiple and often competing interests.
- A strong commitment to integrity and professionalism.
- A work history that affirmatively demonstrates leadership and ability to persuade and push others to deliver on commitments, as well as being a team player and having strong interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrable fluency in English, including ability to draft and negotiate legal and commercial documents to an excellent standard of English
- An ability to work in complex international environment, and substantial experience working in different cultures and an open and tolerant mind with respect to diversity, required.
- Demonstrable computer literacy with specific ability to use Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and other software such as redlining tools.
- Record of dedicated and successful teamwork, excellent interpersonal and diplomatic skills and a well-developed sense of humour.Additional Eligibility Qualifications: Desired Characteristics: