Job Number: 2620028Business: GE HealthcareBusiness Segment: Healthcare ImagingAbout Us: GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.Posted Position Title: Field Service TechnicianCareer Level: ELFunction: ServicesFunction Segment: Product Maintenance and SupportLocation: AustraliaU.S. State, China or Canada Provinces: City: AdelaidePostal Code: 5013Relocation Assistance: NoRole Summary/Purpose: The Field Service Technician is responsible for performing the scheduled maintenance, field modifications and installations on a wide variety of Life Care & Diagnostic imaging equipment. The role will be responsible for meeting the daily service repair needs of the customer’s equipment and driving customer satisfaction through Service Excellence.
Essential Responsibilities: Initial target equipment consists of:
- Ultrasound Machines
- Mobile X-Ray & Fluoroscopy Machines
- Anaesthetic Machines
- Patient Monitoring devices
- Computer workstations & Servers
Key Responsibilities/essential functions include:
- Working with experienced field service engineers on basic troubleshooting, installation, maintenance and service repair needs on designated equipment.
- Completing Level 1 and Level 2 work - Preventative Maintenance and Functional Management Inspections.
- Ordering and managing repair parts cycle times.
- Keeping up to date on administrative responsibilities such as maintaining customer service logs and internal service records in a timely manner.
- Learning to effectively communicate with customers to ensure resolution and proper follow-up, leading to customer satisfaction.
- Maintaining tools and test equipment properly and ensuring they are calibrated.
- Meeting Health and Human Services, Environment Health and Safety and/or all other applicable regulatory requirements.
- Working with experienced field engineers on managing vendors’ service delivery processes in compliance with GE Healthcare policies.
- Learning to utilize the escalation process to resolve customer service delivery issues and conducting root cause analysis that will lead to effective problem solving
- Working as a member of the local team to provide efficient service delivery to all accounts within assigned area.
- Ability independently manage level1, Level2 customer service calls with Online engineer support.
Quality Specific Goals:
- Aware of and comply with the GEHC Quality Manual, Quality Management System, Quality Management Policy, Quality Goals, and applicable laws and regulations as they apply to this job type/position
- Complete all planned Quality & Compliance training within the defined deadlines
- Identify and report any and all customer quality or compliance concerns immediately to the Quality Organization.
Qualifications/Requirements: Required Qualifications:
- Certificate III in Electronic Engineering or equivalent trade
- Relevant licenses as required by Federal or State Legislation (eg: Electrical Licenses, Radiation License) and Work Cards (eg: White Card)
- Electrical Engineering or Biomedical Engineering Technology Degree would be highly regarded but not essential
Additional Eligibility Qualifications: Desired Characteristics: Preferred Experience
- Experience interfacing with both internal team members and external customers as part of a solution based service process.
- Experience diagnosing and repairing mechanical, electromechanical, and/or electronic equipment.
- Biomedical, mechanical and/or experience servicing electronic equipment
- Experience troubleshooting and responding to customer concerns. \
- Strong customer service skills with the ability to communicate technical issues in an easy to understand manner
- Demonstrable interpersonal skills / customer relationship management abilities
- Ability to show self-initiative & motivation
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly.
- High work standards and quality.
- Proven personal time management and reasoning skills.