Job Number: 2633003Business: GE AviationBusiness Segment: Aviation FinanceAbout Us: GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry. Aviation – Aviation Systems
At GE Aviation Systems, we’re
reengineering the sky, from our work on flight efficiency services and integrated avionics, to our innovations
in integrated electric power and propulsion systems and SmartGrid on aircraft.Posted Position Title: Lead Finance Specialist 1 - Manufacturing OperationsCareer Level: ExperiencedFunction: FinanceFunction Segment: Supply ChainLocation: AustraliaU.S. State, China or Canada Provinces: City: BrisbanePostal Code: 4008Relocation Assistance: NoRole Summary/Purpose: Responsible for coordinating and driving Finance systems, business reporting programs and key process support for the GE Aviation Systems Business in Asia Pacific. Provide financial support for performing the critical analysis of financial results, reviews, planning and forecasting for the business.
This position will play a lead role in implementation of Finance transformation, Enterprise Standard Chart of accounts and system optimization initiatives.Essential Responsibilities:
Qualifications/Requirements: Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college in Finance or Accounting.
- Perform financial planning, budgeting, forecasting and analysis, including comparison of financial forecasts vs. Budgets and related risks and opportunities.
- Prepare S2, Operating Plan and monthly/quarterly reviews.
- Support integration around systems and reporting programs including design, setups, process mapping and testing.
- Support Finance systems team engagement around the ES COA conversion initiative and General ledger Kittyhawk integration. This includes impact assessment, requirements engagement, defect resolution, user training and post conversion support.
- Support the Site and Finance teams around systems/ reporting issues, period close, data governance and optimization programs.
- Manage all intercompany billings and processes.
- ork on cost out and productivity initiatives interacting with Site leadership across functions and US finance staff in both Supply Chain and product groups.
Minimum of 5 years of experience in a Finance or Accounting role.
The candidate must be able to satisfy requirements to access US International Trade in Arms Regulations (ITAR) sensitive data.Additional Eligibility Qualifications: Desired Characteristics:
- Strong Analytical skills
- Familiarity with FP&A reporting tools such as Hyperion would be an advantage including advanced excel skills
- Lead initiatives of moderate scope and impact
- Effective problem identification and solution skills
- Selfstarter : can work independently and take initiative in challenging situations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills to effectively interact with individuals at all levels of the organization