Job Number: 2642226Business: GE CapitalBusiness Segment: Capital - InternationalAbout Us: GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Commercial Distribution Finance (CDF) facilitates the movement of finished inventory and certain account receivable between Manufacturers, Distributors and Dealers/Resellers. Being involved in all stages of the supply chain means we know what kinds of services will help you keep your business booming. For greater understanding of our global offering, visit www.gecdf.comPosted Position Title: Commercial Operations OfficerCareer Level: ExperiencedFunction: Financial Services OperationsFunction Segment: Other OperationsLocation: AustraliaU.S. State, China or Canada Provinces: City: North SydneyPostal Code: 2060Relocation Assistance: NoRole Summary/Purpose: To be part of the Commercial Distribution Finance Operations team, handling accounts payable and receivable and providing customer service for the business unit.Essential Responsibilities: - Ensure strong customer service and people skills to maintain effective interaction with internal and external clients
- Working with the Operations mailbox, responsible for assigning all incoming documentation to the correct workflow queues
- Ensure all incoming documentation meets compliance requirements and notify relevant clients of changes to be made
- Receiving and processing of incoming requests
- Process documentation (invoices) & requests received from the business and customers. The bulk of which includes invoices, credit notes, payment advices & general queries.
- Review workflow "Pending" queues to ensure regular follow up and clearance
- Processing of invoices, credit notes, customer payments and completing amendment requests
- Processing of dealer remittances and allocations of funds to in-house receivable systems
- Investigating issues related to any request received from internal & external customers.
- Providing support to the team when requiredQualifications/Requirements: - High level of organization skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Intermediate skills (Microsoft Office)
- Excellent numerical and analytical skills
- Proactive approach and commitment to team work
- Proficient time management and prioritization skills
- Accountable - takes ownership of issues through to resolutionAdditional Eligibility Qualifications: Desired Characteristics: - Finance company experience preferable- Exposure to accounts payable and receivable- HSC &/or Tertiary Qualifications in the finance field