Job Number: 2662011Business: GE Global Growth OrganizationBusiness Segment: Global Growth Organization - Australia/New ZealandAbout Us: GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Join GE and you’ll discover a career opportunity of incredible diversity – across disciplines and around the globe. No other company invests in the development, training and advancement of its employees the way we do, because we believe it is our innovative thinking that is our strength, and that strength is what enables GE to make a positive impact on tomorrow, today.Posted Position Title: Summer Internship - Financial Management Program - 2016/17Career Level: CIFunction: FinanceFunction Segment: Leadership and Pipeline ProgramsLocation: AustraliaU.S. State, China or Canada Provinces: City: North Sydney, Jandakot, Melbourne, ParramattaPostal Code: 2060Relocation Assistance: NoRole Summary/Purpose: GE is pleased to offer selected students the opportunity to join our business for a FMP Summer Internship. Students will be exposed to GE’s diverse portfolio of businesses which provides a perfect opportunity for us to learn about you and your interests and for you to learn about GE and a career with us.Essential Responsibilities: We are looking for penultimate university students to join us for 12 weeks commencing in December
2016. The program will give FMP interns the opportunity to gain hands-on practical experience and further their development across a wide range of challenging projects to build a stronger finance and leadership skills set.
Possible exposure as an intern may include:
- Commercial Finance
- Operations Analysis
- Pricing and Treasury
- Cash Management
- Financial Planning
- Controllership Accounting
The internship will provide:
- Opportunities to “pitch out” to senior stakeholders
- Exclusive roundtable events with GE’s business leaders
- Buddy and Mentorship Program
- Ongoing feedback & formal appraisals
- Job shadowing opportunitiesQualifications/Requirements: To be considered for our FMP Internship we’re looking for students who:
- Have demonstrated leadership ability, initiative and autonomy
- Are in their penultimate or final year of a Bachelor degree (Major in Finance and/or Accounting highly regarded but not essential)
- Have achieved academic excellence
- Are interested in a career in Finance and/or Accounting
- Hold the appropriate entitlement to work in Australia & New Zealand at date of application (Permanent Resident of Australia or an Australian Citizen or New Zealand Citizen).
- Available to start with GE in December 2016
- Demonstrated leadership ability, initiative and autonomy.
- Geographic mobility. FMP Interns may be required to be based in the following locations: Perth, Brisbane, Melbourne, Sydney, Adelaide and Auckland.Additional Eligibility Qualifications: Desired Characteristics: If you believe you possess these qualities then we want to hear from you. We believe the more we show you today, the more we may be able to learn from you tomorrow. Our bright futures may well intertwine.Applications close 5pm AEST Friday 31st August 2016 - Resume and Cover Letter need to be attached for applications to be considered complete.Visit www.ge.com/au/graduates for more information on our Graduate and Intern ProgramsLike the GE Careers Australia and New Zealand Facebook page for regular updates on Graduate and Intern opportunities: www.facebook.com/gecareersaunzFor further information or questions relating to your application, please email GEAusNZgraduates@ge.com