Job Number: 2667939Business: GE PowerBusiness Segment: PWR-WDP Water & Distributed PowerAbout Us: GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.Posted Position Title: GE Water - Industry Leader Upstream Oil & GasCareer Level: ExperiencedFunction: SalesFunction Segment: Sales ManagementLocation: AustraliaU.S. State, China or Canada Provinces: City: JandakotPostal Code: 6164Relocation Assistance: NoRole Summary/Purpose: In this role, you will be responsible for developing business strategy & delivering profitable growth for Water & Process Technologies in the Upstream O&G Industry. You will be accountable for the development & execution of the strategic growth plan, taking inputs from the key stakeholder groups responsible for enabling growth in ANZ.Essential Responsibilities: Key priorities will be;
- Ownership of Growth strategy & influencing key stakeholder groups to drive execution of the strategy
- Managing Key Account Pipeline & aligning with key stakeholder groups to close new business opportunities
- Ownership of selected Developing Accounts with responsibilities to develop & close new business opportunities
- Development of partners & execution of strategic partner plans to enable GE to bring holistic solutions to the Upstream O&G Industry in ANZ
The Industry Leader demonstrates accountability for functional, business, and broad company objectives. In this role you will integrate and develop processes that meet business needs across the organization, manage complex issues within a functional area of expertise, and contributing to the overall business strategy.
Business Growth & Strategy
- Develop a business growth strategy to enable the Water & Process Technologies business in the Upstream O&G Industry to grow at 5-7 x GDP and increase market share while proactively defining and managing alignment of Industry strategy with the overall business strategy
- Broaden business value by exploring customer’s underlying issues and needs to suggest broader outcomes thus maximizing the productiveness of sales interactions by building on customer cues to gain commitment to products, services and solutions.
- Develop a pipeline of projects and service deals that are biased towards the use of technologies that form a part of GE’s portfolio.
- Build influential partnerships by influencing and cultivating relationships with key stakeholders such as Strategic Suppliers, other GE P&L’s, Industry Experts and consultants to develop solutions that address customer needs
- Primary interface with Product Management for product line needs including new products & partner requirements
- Translate strategy to tactics by identifying gaps in the 5P’s: People, Partnerships, Processes, Pipeline and Policy. Develop detailed tactics to fill these gaps.
- Translate opportunities into operational reality by aligning communication, accountability, resources, capabilities, internal processes and measurement systems to ensure that strategic priorities yield measurable and sustainable results.
- Develop detailed operating plans that implement strategy and tactics to meet financial objectives including development and selection of organization talent.
- Lead deal execution (tactical) for Key Accounts plus selected Developing Accounts and manage deal portfolios against Region growth and profitability requirements
- Advise Regional Team & HQ on deal-specific closing requirements and drive best practices and value generators across customers & regions
- Collaborating with Key Stakeholders during both strategy & execution phases. Building strong team spirit & leveraging Industry expertise to provide coaching & guidance to all stakeholder groups supporting the Upstream O&G Industry
- Own the financial metrics for the key initiatives including New Business Orders and Sales. Connect strategic initiatives and tactical actions with all metrics
- Lead & direct seconded employees from Account Management team. Coach & develop the seconded employees to enable them to generate sales opportunities independantly.Qualifications/Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Commerce, or Science
- Ability to travel locally approximately 30% of the time
- A minimum of 10 years of experience preferably selling and/or marketing complex solutions and/or technical sales for Water & Process chemicals in the Upstream O&G industry
- Strong external focus, with ability to assess customer value of performance, price, operating & maintenance costs, availability and operability
- Ability to effectively lead a multi-functional team and operate in a matrix organization
- Motivated self-starter with a demonstrated leadership style showing capabilities to accelerate change and work in a rapidly changing environment.
- Operate independently and deliver business results while demonstrating leadership through action.
- Proven analytical skill set and strategic mindset with strong competence in value proposition analysis and market maps
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Demonstrates a keen understanding of basic business operations and organizational levers (systems, processes, departments, functions) that drive profitable growthAdditional Eligibility Qualifications: Desired Characteristics:
- Knowledge of general industry trends, competitor product and service offerings
- Finance experience
- MBA or Advanced Engineering degree