Job Number: 2677144 Business: Current & GE Lighting Business Segment: Current powered by GE About Us: GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Daintree Networks (Current powered by GE) is a trusted provider of the leading solution for smart building control and management, the core application for the Enterprise Internet of ThingsTM (E-IoTTM). Daintree’s ControlScopeTM is an open standards-driven control, monitoring, and optimization solution for facility, operations, energy, and sustainability professionals. Our innovative solution, available either as an on-premise or a hosted solution, includes lighting, thermostat, plug load, and general purpose control with data analytics for actionable decision support information. Posted Position Title: Java Developer Career Level: Experienced Function: Engineering/Technology Function Segment: Applications and Software Location: Australia U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces: City: Scoresby Postal Code: 3179 Relocation Assistance: No Role Summary/Purpose: Daintree Networks (Current powered by GE) is seeking a keen and enthusiastic Java Developer to join its highly skilled Engineering Team. This role requires a Java Developer with cloud and big data experience who enjoys technical challenges working with complex solutions and large volumes of data. You must be confident dealing with all stages of the SDLC with particular focus on design documentation, unit test creation and team collaboration. Essential Responsibilities:
- Working in a small team to produce robust solutions on a large scale
- Generation and review of Design documents
- Creation of Unit Tests including working closely with QA to develop test strategies Qualifications/Requirements:
- 4+ years working as a Java developer
- Experience developing applications to operate on AWS or other Cloud Platforms
- In-depth knowledge of Big Data solutions including Cassandra, Spark, Solr, ElasticSearch, Hbase, MapReduce, Sqoop, Kafka and machine learning
- Experience working with large scale database, including no-sql data stores
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Must hold an appropriate Tertiary Qualification
- Must be eligible to work in Australia Additional Eligibility Qualifications: Desired Characteristics:
- Enthusiastic and motivational personality that is team focused
- Knowledge of other JVM based languages such as Scala
- Experience working in an Agile team, in particular SCRUM.
- Knowledge about working with Continuous Integration