Job Number: 2678535Business: GE HealthcareBusiness Segment: Healthcare ImagingAbout Us: GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.Posted Position Title: Service Parts Logistics SpecialistCareer Level: ExperiencedFunction: LogisticsFunction Segment: LogisticsLocation: AustraliaU.S. State, China or Canada Provinces: City: Springfield CentralPostal Code: 4300Relocation Assistance: NoRole Summary/Purpose: Description:
Within GSPO network, the in Country Service Parts Logistics Specialist is responsible for the management of warehousing and transportation domestically. This includes initiating improvements in 3rd Party Warehousing logistics operations; transportation suppliers and facilitates a strategic outlook that will better serve all stakeholders.Essential Responsibilities: Key responsibilities include:
- Overcome road blocks to ensure shipments are made in line with internal and external customer’s requirements, company policy, international trade regulations
- Drive standardization of transportation processes across In-country, domestics network improvement to cost down activities
- Responsible for On Time Delivery/Cycle Time/Warehouse KPI
- Ensure Key Warehouse activities are completed
- Maintain and develop relationships with current, new and potential service providers in 3rd warehousing, both international and domestics providers.
- Keep abreast of market developments, best practices and drive transportation and logistics variable cost productivity projects, initiatives and programs.
- Work collaboratively with GEHC Service Parts related functions
- Partner with Planning Team on Inventory optimization
- Any other duties assign by Logistics Manager
Quality Specific Goals:
- Aware of and comply with the GEHC Quality Manual, Quality Management System, Quality Management Policy, Quality Goals, and applicable laws and regulations as they apply to this job type/position
- Complete all planned Quality & Compliance training within the defined deadlines
- Identify and report any quality or compliance concerns and take immediate corrective action as required.
- Proficient knowledge, understanding and support for International Trade Compliance, identify report and resolve any trade compliance issues.
- Proficient knowledge, understand and leadership for operating within security programs such as CT-PAT, national Customs trade regulatory to ensure that warehousing; packaging and transportation requirements are met.Qualifications/Requirements: Qualifications:
- Min. Yrs. Experience: 8 years
- Education Standard: Min diploma above or equivalent
- Experience in import/export operations, freight management and warehousing best practices in local market
- preferred Lean/Six Sigma experience, or equivalent Quality program experience
- Understanding of cross business unit collaboration to leverage on synergy and productivity
- Proven track record in logistics performance & logistics management, process standardization, and vendor improvement.
- Good communication and coordination skill with internal customers and outside vendors.
- Problem solving requires strong quantitative analysis skills.
- Proficient in Oracle and MS Office
- High energy, go-getter, results focused
- Sound analytical and presentation skillAdditional Eligibility Qualifications: Desired Characteristics: Professional competencies
- Excellent communication and people-oriented skills
- Demonstrate strong influence and collaborative thinking at leadership level across countries, functions and cultures
- Business acumen and analytical with strong database background
- Evaluate tactical business issues, resolve problems and successfully obtain objectives.
- Results-oriented with a strong performance, cost management and bottom-line orientation
- Task on multiple, high visibility projects simultaneously in a fast paced environment