Job Number: 2661728Business: GE Energy ConnectionsBusiness Segment: EC-GS Grid SolutionsAbout Us: GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.Posted Position Title: Spare Parts Manager / Store LogisticsCareer Level: ExperiencedFunction: ServicesFunction Segment: DistributionLocation: AustraliaU.S. State, China or Canada Provinces: City: BrisbanePostal Code: 4108Relocation Assistance: NoRole Summary/Purpose: To ensure materials, inventory and stores distribution functions are performing effectively and efficiently in order to meet deadlines. This role holds accountability for ensuring MRP stock levels are controlled for service, and for the supervision of stores. To ensure the spare parts are ordered correctly and delivered on time and ready for invoicing. Checking of goods, updating GRN, SAP and OP folders. Organising monthly sales forecast and reporting on A1 and NPS.Essential Responsibilities: Key Responsibilities
Control of Materials:
- Working closely with the Materials Coordinator, ensure BOM are available, sourced according to technical drawings.
- Collate and assess all necessary information from Engineering Department and Drawing Office for the manufacture of Transformer products.
- Ensure all information are loaded into SAP system
- Ensure availability of material to time by measure receipt vs production plan
- Investigate, resolve and report any deviation / delay
- Act on deviations and correct, where necessary implement changes
- Assess and make decision for required parts to be manufactured either internally or externally by a supplier taking into consideration resource availability and total cost
- Ensure requirements (material) are placed into the system to suit the time-phasing of the transformer manufacturing
- Update and adjust system in order to ensure material and time is in line with the master schedule.
- Ensure that Financial Accountant are advised of cost baskets that need to be closed
- Ensure inventory level is appropriate to requirements of the business
- Responsible for the planning and coordinating of stock inventory movements
- Regularly review and control aged inventory
- Creation / deletion of parts as required
- Conduct stock take as requested by financial department
- Supervise and manage the team to ensure performance standards, policies and procedures are met
- Assess competency to delegate the appropriate duties and responsibilities
- Regularly manage and review performance of employees, Initiate disciplinary action where needed and identify training needs and conduct training to close skill gaps
Health and Safety:
- Demonstrate leadership with safety through personal action in initiatives to continually improve H&S performance (example: Team Safety Visits, Take 5 program).
- Take effective / proactive actions to address unsafe actions / behaviours in crews.
- Undertake, or directly supervise the identification, evaluation and implementation of hazard control measures.
- Disseminate OH&S information and facilitate the reporting of workplace hazards amongst your work areas.
Spare Parts / Projects Logistics:
- Receive Notice of Order from Tendering, Check Details of Opportunity & send Order Acknowledgement to customer, E Mail / Phone for Quotations from supplier if required. Create POR, Expedite Supplier Purchase Orders (E Mail and or Phone) (On Going), Update Running Sheet (On Going), Goods check , receipt & GRN
- Liaise with Customer when required. Manager Conformance when applicable, Organise Transport and Prepare for Shipping. Post Goods Issue on SAP,
- Create Packing List if Required, E Mail despatch Notification to Customer, Update OP Folder, Pass complete folder to Finance for Invoicing, Organise Monthly Reports. A1, Sales Forecast, NPS.
Qualifications/Requirements: Quality Specific Goals:
- Aware of and comply with the GEHC Quality Manual, Quality Management System, Quality Management Policy, Quality Goals, and applicable laws and regulations as they apply to this job type/position
- Complete all planned Quality & Compliance training within the defined deadlines
- Identify and report any and all customer quality or compliance concerns immediately to the Quality Organization.
- Identify and report any personal quality or compliance concerns immediately to the Quality Organization.
- Ensure timely dispatch closure (if applicable)
- Ensure completion of all field modifications instructions (FMI’s) within prescribed timeframe (if applicable)
- Participate in continuous improvement activities by identifying and appropriately escalating process and product quality gaps, providing solutions when possible
- Ask for mentorship & guidance in order to ensure compliance with all of the above.
- Technical qualification preferred
- Materials/ inventory control experience
- Basic knowledge of Australian and o/seas contractual conditions as applied to supply
- Basic knowledge of freight and logistics
- Transformer operation and maintenance
- Manufacturing principles
- Knowledge of stock control systems
Additional Eligibility Qualifications: Desired Characteristics:
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Strong problem solving skills.