Read + Listen = Improve Your English - منتديات المطاريد
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
وَهُوَ الَّذِي فِي السَّمَاءِ إِلَٰهٌ وَفِي الْأَرْضِ إِلَٰهٌ ۚ وَهُوَ الْحَكِيمُ الْعَلِيمُ (84) وَتَبَارَكَ الَّذِي لَهُ مُلْكُ السَّمَاوَاتِ وَالْأَرْضِ وَمَا بَيْنَهُمَا وَعِندَهُ عِلْمُ السَّاعَةِ وَإِلَيْهِ تُرْجَعُونَ (85) "الزخرف"

منتديات المطاريد | الهجرة الى كندا | الهجرة الى استراليا

DeenOnDemand

BBC NEWS

آخر 10 مشاركات

Arabic Discussion Forum with a Special Interest in Travel and Immigration

Immigration to Canada, Australia, and New Zealand

Egypt and Middle East Politics, History and Economy

Jobs in Saudi Arabia, USA, Canada, Australia, and New Zealand

العودة   منتديات المطاريد > شؤون العلم والتعليم > Language Lab > Do you speak English

Do you speak English قواعد اللغة الإنجليزية

Do you speak English

Read + Listen = Improve Your English

الهجرة إلى كندا والولايات المتحدة واستراليا

مواقع هامة وإعلانات نصية

إضافة رد

أدوات الموضوع انواع عرض الموضوع
    قديم 27th October 2011, 09:42 AM أم محمد إيهاب غير متواجد حالياً
      رقم المشاركة : 1
    Golden Member

أم محمد إيهاب has a reputation beyond reputeأم محمد إيهاب has a reputation beyond reputeأم محمد إيهاب has a reputation beyond reputeأم محمد إيهاب has a reputation beyond reputeأم محمد إيهاب has a reputation beyond reputeأم محمد إيهاب has a reputation beyond reputeأم محمد إيهاب has a reputation beyond reputeأم محمد إيهاب has a reputation beyond reputeأم محمد إيهاب has a reputation beyond reputeأم محمد إيهاب has a reputation beyond reputeأم محمد إيهاب has a reputation beyond repute

أم محمد إيهاب's Flag is: Egypt

new Read + Listen = Improve Your English

أنا : أم محمد إيهاب

دعوه لموضوعي

في بعض الأحيان قد تمثل اللغة حاجزاً كبيرا بين البشر
    تعوق تواصلهم إجتماعيا أو تقدمهم دراسياً أو مهنيا

وقد وجد علماء وباحثي اللغة أن من أفضل الطرق لتعلم أي لغة وأمتعها أيضا هي القصص
    خاصة عندما تكون مقروءة حيث تتضاعف الفائدة منها
    حيث يمكنك قراءة ما تسمعه في نفس الوقت

لذا أحببت مشاركتكم في هذه القصص المكتوبة والمسموعة لعلنا جميعا نستفيد منها

الموضوع الأصلي : Read + Listen = Improve Your English     -||-     المصدر : منتديات المطاريد     -||-     الكاتب : أم محمد إيهاب

رد مع اقتباس

Latest Threads By This Member
    Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
    تأكد .... الوجه الآخر لأنبوب الكريم و معجون... توعية جماهيرية دكتور مهندس جمال الشربيني 1 1309 4th July 2012 02:28 PM
    الغذاء في رمضان ... عادات وصحة ! شؤون المطبخ أم محمد إيهاب 8 2206 1st July 2012 04:40 PM
    تأكد .... جانوفيا ... علاج للسكر توعية جماهيرية أم محمد إيهاب 15 24408 30th June 2012 01:44 PM
    تأكد .... الكاتشب والمواد المسرطنة ! توعية جماهيرية أم محمد إيهاب 0 1043 30th June 2012 01:31 PM
    تأكد .... حبوب ( ياسمين ) !! توعية جماهيرية أم محمد إيهاب 0 2294 30th June 2012 01:27 PM

قديم 27th October 2011, 09:44 AM Matrix غير متواجد حالياً
      رقم المشاركة : 2
    Matrix
    Golden Member

Matrix has a reputation beyond reputeMatrix has a reputation beyond reputeMatrix has a reputation beyond reputeMatrix has a reputation beyond reputeMatrix has a reputation beyond reputeMatrix has a reputation beyond reputeMatrix has a reputation beyond reputeMatrix has a reputation beyond reputeMatrix has a reputation beyond reputeMatrix has a reputation beyond reputeMatrix has a reputation beyond repute

افتراضي

أنا : Matrix

دعوه لموضوعي

waiting

رد مع اقتباس

قديم 27th October 2011, 09:45 AM مودة غير متواجد حالياً
      رقم المشاركة : 3
    مودة
    Colonel

مودة has a reputation beyond reputeمودة has a reputation beyond reputeمودة has a reputation beyond reputeمودة has a reputation beyond reputeمودة has a reputation beyond reputeمودة has a reputation beyond reputeمودة has a reputation beyond reputeمودة has a reputation beyond reputeمودة has a reputation beyond reputeمودة has a reputation beyond reputeمودة has a reputation beyond repute

مودة's Flag is: Egypt

افتراضي

أنا : مودة

دعوه لموضوعي

ام محمد موضوع شيق جدا انتظر وكلي شوق

رد مع اقتباس

قديم 27th October 2011, 09:53 AM أم محمد إيهاب غير متواجد حالياً
      رقم المشاركة : 4
    أم محمد إيهاب
    Golden Member

أم محمد إيهاب has a reputation beyond reputeأم محمد إيهاب has a reputation beyond reputeأم محمد إيهاب has a reputation beyond reputeأم محمد إيهاب has a reputation beyond reputeأم محمد إيهاب has a reputation beyond reputeأم محمد إيهاب has a reputation beyond reputeأم محمد إيهاب has a reputation beyond reputeأم محمد إيهاب has a reputation beyond reputeأم محمد إيهاب has a reputation beyond reputeأم محمد إيهاب has a reputation beyond reputeأم محمد إيهاب has a reputation beyond repute

افتراضي

دعوه لموضوعي

Katie is helping her mother get her

Katie’s Great Aunt Chloe is coming to stay for Halloween. Unfortunately her Great Aunt always makes Katie embarrassed by being just too “witchy”. She can’t resist flying on her broomstick and doing other tricks that draw attention to the fact that the family are witches.

This song features incidental music by Gabriella and Jay. And Natasha has made a Pumpkin Dance to go with the music and song (There are instructions in the story and you can read them in more detail on the

Read by Natasha. Story by Bertie. Duration 20 minutes.

Katie’s Halloween Aunt

Hello, This is Natasha, and I’m dropping by with Halloween Story about our own Katie the Witch. I was just wondering, do you have any relatives that make you feel, well, just a bit embarrassed? You know, perhaps they dress in bad taste, or dance terribly at parties, or make awful jokes. Katie had a relative a bit like that. Her name was Great Aunt Chloe, and you can meet her in this story.

The trees were turning golden brown, the squirrels were busy burying conkers in the park, and the witches were getting ready for Halloween.

For Katie’s mum, this was the busiest time of the year in her shop called the Magic Lantern. If you

wanted to be a classy witch or a snazzy goblin, The Magic Lantern was the place to come and browse for a costume. Katie helped her mum cut out pumpkins, and at night, when the shop was closed, the door was guarded by ghoulish glowing faces. In the day, it was packed with mums and kids stocking up for Halloween. Many of them were from Katie’s School, which was holding a Halloween Ball.

Jennie’s mum came into the shop to buy some Halloween Lights, and as she was paying she said to Katie’s mum: “Of course your daughter doesn’t have to dress up for the Halloween Ball. She can just go as herself.”

And Katie’s mum fumed because she didn’t think that remark was meant as a compliment.

In fact, Halloween was far from Katie’s favourite time of year. It was the time when nobody would let her forget that she was a witch. Even her best friend Isis asked her:

“Katie, what do witches actually do for Halloween? I mean, they don’t really fly around on broomsticks, right?”

And Katie replied: “Don’t be Silly. Of course they don’t.”

But actually, that wasn’t strictly true. Katie knew at least one witch who liked to take her broomstick for a spin on Halloween. And unfortunately, that person was her Great Aunt Chloe.

Great Aunt Chloe was the sister of Katie’s Grandma. But she was a very different sort of person. Grandma was extremely polite and proper. Aunt Chloe, as everyone in the family knew, had been a bit of a wild witch in her youth. She had been the first person to fly around the world on a broomstick. And she had been a member of The Red Sticks – a team of witches that did formation broom flying and death defying stunts, like loop the loop and vertical take-off.

And although these days she did not do so much flying, she still liked to keep up the tradition on Halloween.

People said that she had been extremely beautiful back in the old days, and she still was, in a witchy sort of way. And although it was good that she was proud of her magical heritage, it could also be a bit embarrassing for Katie and her mum who preferred to keep that sort of thing a bit hush hush.

Aunt Chloe had invited herself to come and stay. And the time she had picked for her visit was the Halloween weekend. Katie lay awake at night hoping that her Great Aunt would not do anything too embarrassing. But she knew that she probably would.

The school’s Halloween Ball went off just fine for Katie. One or two people – like Jennie and Jake – were nagging her to pull off a magic stunt or two, but most people just said how pretty she looked in her costume. She was wearing a blue and yellow caftan with lots of magical signs embroidered on the collar and cuffs. There was nothing too witchy about it all. And everyone loved the pumpkin dance that she performed with Isis.

This is how Katie and Isis did the pumpkin dance, to the song, Don’t Be Scared of Halloween. Firstly, they held their hands out to the side, holding pumpkins in their palms like weighing scales, and they tiled at the waste. They did a tap step from left to right, then they moved their shoulders up and down, they did a full turn and swivelled their pumpkin hands. For the verse beginning Witch’s Love to Fly on Sticks, they imagined they were flying on broom sticks, flinging sweets with flicking gestures of their hands.

Later on, when it was dark, the streets were full of excited kids going Trick or Treating. The little ones were all sugared up on sweets and shrieking like demons. The older ones tried to help their parents keep the smaller ones in check.

On the doorsteps of people’s houses, the kids screamed “Trick or Treat”, and if the people were nice, they gave them sweets.

But Katie and Isis collected the best haul of sweets because they charmed everyone with their pumpkin dance.

Great Aunt Chloe came along with Katie and her mum. She was wearing a black cloak and a pointed hat with red magical writing on it. Her eyes were covered with a mask, and she carried her broom stick in her hand. And although she blended into the general melee of weirdly dressed people, Katie could not help feeling anxious that she might do something just a bit embarrassing.

Two small kids ran past chanting : “Katie is a witch ! Katie Is Witch ! ” and Aunt Chloe said, “I don’t think that’s very nice.”

“Oh I take no notice of little brats like them, ” said Katie. “They’re only small, and besides, they’ve scoffed too many sweets.”

Aunt Chloe dismissed them with a shrug.

But then one of the kids turned around and threw something at Katie. Isis shrieked. And Katie said, “Er what’s that.”

It was a Goo Bomb – a new kind of nasty toy that exploded with gooy green slime. Poor Katie was covered in it, and her hair was all sticky.

To be continued

التعديل الأخير تم بواسطة أم محمد إيهاب ; 27th October 2011 الساعة 10:01 AM

رد مع اقتباس

قديم 27th October 2011, 10:04 AM أم محمد إيهاب غير متواجد حالياً
      رقم المشاركة : 5
    أم محمد إيهاب
    Golden Member

افتراضي

!For Medical Professionals Only
    دعوه لموضوعي

“HA HA ! Look at the ugly Slimy Witch ! ” Shouted the kids.

But they weren’t so amused when Aunt Chloe raised her arm and pointed a lengthy index finger at them:

“No Don’t, Aunt Chloe, Please !” pleaded katie. But her Great Aunt was not listening. A green beam shot out of her finger and zapped first one and then the other kid. They both staggered backwards and sat down on a door step. When they tried to stand up, they couldn’t. They were stuck there.

“That will teach you to mess with a witch. You can stay on the Naughty Step until I release you …. which might be sometime next week if I am in a good mood. But on the other hand, I might just fly home and forget all about you.”

Both the children started to cry and their mothers rushed over and tried to help them to stand. But try as they might, they couldn’t. People were staring at Aunt Chloe, and Katie, and her mum, and accusations were starting to fly around.

“What have you done to our children?” demanded one of the mums.

And Aunt Chloe said, “I haven’t done anything. They are just naughty children. They threw goo all over my niece.”

Katie was so embarrassed, she wished that the road would open up and swallow her. Then she remembered that she shouldn’t wish too hard for anything like that because, after all, she was a witch, and it could actually happen

Katie’s mum pulled Chloe away from the crowd. “Please Aunt Chloe. Release them at once. ”

“In my day, Children knew how to behave,” retorted Chloe.

“But If you don’t let them go them now, there will be a terrible scene and people will boycott my shop and bully Katie at school.”

“Oh all right then,” sighed Chloe. And she muttered the spell to unglue the two terrors from the step. The naughty kids were able to stand. There parents were hugging them. Nobody was quite sure what had happened. But a few people suspected.

Katie was fuming with her Aunt as they walked home with a bucket full of sweets. “It’s just awful,” she thought, “Now all the teasing and tAunting about my family of witches is going to start all over again.”

She was glum when they got home, and went straight upstairs to sulk on on her bed. Her cat Solomon wasn’t there.

“I wish he hand’t gone out tonight,” thought Katie, “There will be fireworks and they might scare the life out of him.”

Soon she heard some cracks and bangs in the sky.”Oh dear, poor Solomon,” she thought.

And then she heard a loud screech like a rocket going off – only it wasn’t quite like a rocket – it was more like a cat – “Oh NO !” exclaimed Katie, and she ran out into the garden.

The sound was coming from somewhere up on the roof. She looked up and saw not Solomon, but Great Aunt Chloe standing astride her broomstick on the tiles. A stream of red stars was pouring out of the back of her stick and she was waving her hat and screeching for all she was worth. Then she and her broomstick shot up into the sky, not quite vertically, but almost.

‘FZZZZZZZSHOOOOWOW ! ” went the broom stick, still pouring out stars like a firework. And she looped the loop, just like back in the old days.

“Wow, that’s cool flying,” thought Katie, “But I really really hope the neighbours don’t see, or if they do, that they think she’s a rocket.”

Chloe was writing twirly patterns of stars in the sky, and Katie was sure that lots of people must have noticed. She heard “oohs” and “ahs” from the next-door garden – then she ran through the house and out the front and found that a small crowd of people were standing in the street gazing up at the magical display.

“That’s some firework,” said a bald man.

“Impressive”, said a woman. “Did it come from a back garden?”

But a little boy said something that Katie didn’t want to here “That’s not a firework. Fireworks don’t go on for a long time like that. Look it’s a witch!”

His mother ticked him off: “Don’t be silly, witches only exist in books,” but his sister shouted: “Yippee I’ve seen a real-life witch!”

“Oh Yikes!” thought Katie. “I’ll never live this down.”

The bald man started taking pictures with his mobile phone: “I’ll put these on Facebook,” he said, “No better, I’ll take a movie and send it to the TV Station. ‘Witch Flies on Halloween !’ They’ll pay good money for pictures like these.”

But then the broom stick started to swoop back down from the moonlit sky – it was coming down really fast, and very steeply – and Katie wondered how her Great Aunt managed to hang on, especially at her age. But then, she wasn’t hanging on any more – she slid off the stick and was dangling by one arm:

Katie put her hands to her face: “I can’t bear to look anymore” she said. But through a chink in her fingers she saw her Great Aunt come tumbling off her stick and fall down somewhere into the park.

Kate Screamed “AAAHH THAT’S MY Aunt!” and people stared at her. She was too alarmed to care. She was running down the road to the entrance to the park. The gate was locked, but she managed to vault over it with a quick little weight-defying spell that made her bound like she was on the moon.

She wasn’t quite sure where her Aunt had landed, but she thought that she must have broken every bone in her body. Then, as she got near the lake, she had another fright:

A weird creature was wading through the water. Katie froze. “Could it be,” she thought, “some kind of ghoul that wakes up on Halloween?” – but of course it wasn’t a ghoul – it was her Aunt who had landed in the pond.

“YEE-HA!” she called. “Did you see me fly Katie ? Just like the old days. Only I seem to have broken my broom. Pity. I’ve had that one since way back when. They don’t make ‘em like that anymore.”

The next day, Isis sent Katie a link to a video on YouTube. It showed a Halloween Witch flying over the rooftops amid the fireworks and crashing. Only most of the comments were agreed on one thing: “NICE FAKE !”

Which was one of the good things about magic. If people don’t believe in it, they will think it’s just trickery when they see it.

When Katie got to school on Monday, nobody was teasing her. Emma even said: “I wish I had a Great Aunt like yours. She was really cool in her costume. All my relatives are so boring they are just embarrassing. ”

At first Katie thought, “If only my relatives were boring, I’d be so glad, ” And then she realised: “Yes, people are often a bit embarrassed about their family – but usually there is no need, because other people see them quite differently.”

But all the same, she was glad that Halloween was over, and that her Great Aunt Chloe had flown home safely on a new broom stick that couldn’t go nearly as fast as the old one.

And that was the story of Katie’s Halloween Aunt.

Before I go, I’d like to let you know that Storynory is now putting some books on Kindle, to see if people would like to read our stories that way. Check out the Kindle store on Amazon for our story Katie and the Witch’s Swap, as well as some others we’ve put up there. And just in case you don’t know – you can download the Kindle app for computers and mobile phones, as well as the Kindle device.

And Storynory has a new Katie song out. It’s all about Katie and it’s called, “Don’t be Scared of Halloween.” It’s sung by our very own Gabriella, !

The End

رد مع اقتباس

قديم 27th October 2011, 10:15 AM أم محمد إيهاب غير متواجد حالياً
      رقم المشاركة : 6
    أم محمد إيهاب
    Golden Member

افتراضي Emelye’s Tale, Part One

دعوه لموضوعي

Read by

Emelye’s Tale, Part One
    Hello, this is Elizabeth, and I am here to tell you the story
    of two knights who were best friends and cousins, but who then quarrelled over the love of a princess.
    It was first told over 700 years ago by the English poet, Geoffrey Chaucer, and it is the first story in his book known as The Canterbury Tales. In that version, it is known as the Knight’s Tale. But I am going to tell you this in the voice of the Princess, Emelye, and that’s why I’ve called this story Emelye’s tale. So now, let me hand you over to our heroine .
    Before I tell you my story, you probably should know a little bit about who I am and where I come from. My name is Emelye, princess Emelye, and I grew up in the mountains of Greece, among the tribe of the Amazonian warriors. You may or may not know that there is one thing that makes us different from other people: our society is made up solely of women. This meant that when I was little I got to do all the things that normally only boys do, like sword fighting and shooting bows and arrows. And because we managed perfectly well without men, I never saw the point of them really. But this all changed one day when Duke Theseus arrived with his army of Athenian men. We fought the invaders with all our might, but in the end we made peace with them. To make sure that it was a lasting treaty, my sister, Queen Hippolyta, agreed to marry Theseus. Believe me, this was a big thing for an Amazonian Queen to agree to do, but it was all in a good cause. And this is where my tale begins…
    We were approaching the gates of Athens, the city where Hippolyta and I would start our new life. But our way was blocked by a crowd of women from the City of Thebes.
    They were in mourning, veiled in black, and they threw themselves down on the ground in front of the army. We soon heard that they had come to ask the help of Theseus, for their city of Thebes had been invaded by a monster of a man called Creon, who had treated them with cold hearted cruelty.
    Theseus hated injustice, and he led his men straight to Thebes where he crushed the army of cruel king Creon.
    But just before he set off to return to Athens and finally have a slice of wedding cake, one of his men spotted two Theban knights lying on the battlefield. They were wounded, but still breathing, and from their coats of arms, you could see that not only were they royal, but that they were cousins.
    They lay there in their chain-mail, their olive skin turning pale as the blood drained from their faces. It was hard to tell them apart with their jet black curls and chiseled features. They could have been mistaken for brothers. If you did look closely, however, you might have noticed that Palamon, (he was the elder of the two by half a year), had hazel eyes whereas Arcite’s eyes were a deep green.
    You may wonder how I could possibly know all this, given that I was not there, but we don’t have time for that right now…
    The two Theban knights were carried to the tent of Theseus, who would decide their fate.
    Now my brother-in-law, Duke Theseus could be very stubborn at times, like he was in the pursuit of my sister Hippolyta and in this instance he was particularly stubborn, refusing to release the two wounded knights back to their people.
    Members of their families came in turn, offering the most elaborate gifts you could imagine, from horses, to gold and jewels, and in desperation they even offered other relatives, that perhaps they were less fond of, like Palamon’s dopey younger brother. But Theseus was not moved. He commanded that the two young men be taken back to Athens, where they would be imprisoned until the end of their days.
    It was this decision that changed my life, although I didn’t know it at the time, for I was only 13 when I left the Amazons with my sister and moved to Athens, city of theatre, music, philosophy… and men who did not always treat us Amazonian Women with the respect that we were used to. I had to learn to be an Athenian lady, under the watchful eyes of my teacher. But even though I was a princess, I got into trouble sometimes for beating up the boys around the palace who were rude to me.

To be continued

رد مع اقتباس

قديم 27th October 2011, 10:17 AM أم محمد إيهاب غير متواجد حالياً
      رقم المشاركة : 7
    أم محمد إيهاب
    Golden Member

افتراضي Emelye’s Tale, Part One

دعوه لموضوعي

I knew nothing of Arcite and Palamon who passed their days chained to the wall in a dark prison cell. The only thing they had to look forward to were the times the jailer would take pity on them and unbolt their shackles. In these brief bursts of freedom they could walk out of the shadows to the barred window on the far side of the room, and gaze upon the world outside. Here, they would see the grounds of the palace, its beautiful gardens and beyond that the buildings of Athens with its temple and theatre, all enclosed by the city walls. And although the view remained the same, they saw it shift from season to season, as the years passed by in their cell.
    Three years after they had first been imprisoned, I had my sixteenth birthday and a great party was thrown for me. There was feasting and dancing and the finest actors in all of Greece put on a hilarious comedy. After that, it was time for my birthday presents. Firstly my sister had ordered a beautiful gown for me, embroidered with flowers stitched in gold and silver thread and lined with a silk petticoat. Then it was Duke Theseus’ turn to give me my birthday gift. Now I was 16, he said that I could have free reign of the palace grounds, and gave me a key to his private rose garden. Now I could go exploring on my own.
    One summer morning, as I was picking flowers in his majesty’s garden in order to make a garland to crown my golden hair, I was so happy that I began to skip along with my basket and sing to myself. I would never have done so had I known what would happen because of it, but at that point I was blissfully unaware.
    You see, on this May morning, as the sun was shining and a brilliant blue sky blazed over Athens, the jailer felt particularly sorry for his pale and weary inmates. First of all, he unchained Palamon, so that he could walk over to the barred window to see the daylight and the world outside. The knight lowered his gaze to the rose garden below, trying to see if he could remember what roses smelt like and who should he see but lovely, royal me. I was skipping along with my blond tresses flowing behind me as I danced and sang in the sunshine. And, wearing my exquisite new gown, I must admit that I did look pretty splendid.
    The effect this had on Palamon was quite peculiar. Unable to speak or move his gaze, his jaw dropped open and he felt his heart pounding in his chest. As his eyes filled with tears, he let out a long sigh which caused Arcite to look up out of the shadows.
    “Cousin,” he said, “you do yourself no favours by sighing our captivity. It’s our fate to be Theseus’ prisoners. It was written in the stars the day we were born.”
    To which Palamon replied, breaking from his momentary trance,
    “Arcite, you have no idea what I have just experienced. My heart is aching because I have just seen the most beautiful woman on earth – in fact, I don’t think it was a woman, but Venus herself, the goddess of love.”
    Which beats your average chat-up line! And then closing his eyes he prayed that Venus would take pity on them and release them from their chains.
    While Palamon was making this prayer, Arcite pleaded with the jailer to unlock him from his chains so that he too could walk over to the window. I, all the while, was still picking flowers and had no idea that such an appreciative audience had gathered.
    Now if the effect I had on Palamon sounded strange, you should have seen what happened to Arcite, (I wish I had!). He let out a heavy sigh and had to cling to the bars of the window to stop himself from collapsing, as his legs had given way. Some men really are made of no substance!
    “I think I’m dying” he said, “I am so struck by her beauty, that if I cannot have her love and see her face everyday, I won’t be able to live.”
    This enraged Palamon. He turned to Arcite and said: “ Let me remind you: we are knights. We are Cousins. We are sworn to be true to one another. How can you betray me this way, and threaten to steal my love from me?”
    “Cousin, you know I would die for you in a battle,” said Arcite, “and would always remain true to you, but here I am the one who is injured. I have been shot through the heart with Cupid’s arrow.”
    “If you don’t step down, as would a man with any decency, I’ll have to fight you.” retorted Palamon.
    But Arcite was in no mood to give up the love of his life – yours truly, whom he had just seen for the first time two minutes earlier.
    “I don’t see why I should step down. After all, it was I who loved her first. You thought you had seen Venus, but from the moment I saw this vision of loveliness, I knew it was a young woman whom I loved. Therefore she is rightfully mine. But let’s not make rules for how we should love, but just accept that in this battle there are no rules.”
    While they continued to argue, neither of them noticed that I had skipped back inside the palace for my lunch. Here I met an honoured visitor, Prince Perotheus, who had been friends with Theseus since childhood. I was sitting on the other side of the table, but I heard him say how he had come to Athens to plead for the release of a prisoner in the tower. He had trained this prisoner as a knight when he was a boy, and he had treated him like a second son. And Theseus, in honour of his long friendship with Perotheus, promised to release the prisoner, whose name was Arcite.
    But he gave the order for Arcite’s release on one condition: He must leave Athens immediately, never to set foot in the city again, on pain of death.
    And was Arcite pleased by this news? I believe that he was not sure. The two cousins in the tower did not know who had the worst fate.
    For both were now possessed by an insatiable love for me, (yes I know!) but Palamon although he could see me everyday from the window of his cell, did not have the freedom to leave the tower and approach me, whereas Arcite had the freedom to go anywhere in the world he chose, but knew that if he set foot in the city where I lived, he would forfeit his life and so would never see my face again, or would he?…
    To find out what happens next to these two love-struck knights look out for the next installment of Emelye’s Tale at Storynory.com. There will be four parts in all, and we promise to release them in quick succession so you won’t have to wait until the next one.

رد مع اقتباس

قديم 27th October 2011, 10:21 AM أم محمد إيهاب غير متواجد حالياً
      رقم المشاركة : 8
    أم محمد إيهاب
    Golden Member

افتراضي

دعوه لموضوعي

مودة, Eng Hesham, Matrix

اتفضلوا نقهويكم

منورين والله يا جماعة .... ما رأيكم دام فضلكم

ها يا جماعة ..... أكمل وللا إيه النظام

رد مع اقتباس

قديم 27th October 2011, 10:24 AM أم محمد إيهاب غير متواجد حالياً
      رقم المشاركة : 9
    أم محمد إيهاب
    Golden Member

افتراضي

دعوه لموضوعي

اقتباس
    مشاهدة المشاركة المشاركة الأصلية كتبت بواسطة مودة
    ام محمد موضوع شيق جدا انتظر وكلي شوق

ربنا يخليكي يا قمر
    إقرأي وقولي لي رأيك
    في انتظارك

رد مع اقتباس

قديم 27th October 2011, 10:26 AM مودة غير متواجد حالياً
      رقم المشاركة : 10
    مودة
    Colonel

مودة has a reputation beyond reputeمودة has a reputation beyond reputeمودة has a reputation beyond reputeمودة has a reputation beyond reputeمودة has a reputation beyond reputeمودة has a reputation beyond reputeمودة has a reputation beyond reputeمودة has a reputation beyond reputeمودة has a reputation beyond reputeمودة has a reputation beyond reputeمودة has a reputation beyond repute

مودة's Flag is: Egypt

افتراضي

أنا : مودة

دعوه لموضوعي

طبعا جميل جدا
    استمري ياقمراية
    تسلم الايادي
    مستنية بس التقييم يفتح بقالي ساعة مستنية

رد مع اقتباس

إضافة رد

مواقع النشر (المفضلة)

الكلمات الدلالية (Tags)
    english, improve, listen, read, your

Read + Listen = Improve Your English

« الموضوع السابق | الموضوع التالي »

الانتقال السريع

المواضيع المتشابهه
    الموضوع كاتب الموضوع المنتدى مشاركات آخر مشاركة
    English Songs hoppa Do you speak English 12 12th January 2018 01:35 AM
    Let's talk in english >> MFaisal Do you speak English 28 16th September 2012 04:20 PM
    English Proverbs MFadel Do you speak English 19 16th September 2012 04:17 PM
    Almatareed English Club Badroora Do you speak English 21 4th September 2012 09:17 AM

Currency Calculator
    Your Information
    RSS RSS 2.0 XML MAP HTML