- Are you an early-career tax specialist?
- Have you worked in tax for 2-5 years?
- Would you like to apply your tax skills in a new environment?
- Have you considered a career in tax policy?
The Treasury is the New Zealand Government's lead economic and financial advisor. Our vision is to raise living standards for all New Zealanders.
The Tax Strategy team at The Treasury provides tax advice to the Minister of Finance. Working with Inland Revenue, we also work on the delivery of the Tax Policy Work Programme, for which the Ministers of Finance and Revenue have joint responsibility.
We have an exciting opportunity for a talented Analyst to join our team. You don't need to have worked in policy before. You can bring your tax knowledge and help advise Ministers on potential changes. You will work closely with Ministers and senior officials - and the Tax Strategy team is a great place to work, made up of economists, lawyers and accountants.
We seek an entry level to intermediate Analyst to:
- Help deliver the Tax Policy Work Programme
- Provide briefings to the Minister of Finance and Minister of Revenue
- Work closely with a range of teams in Treasury and with Inland Revenue
- You love tax!
- Ideally you will have 2 or more years' experience in corporate tax
- Good written and oral communication skills
In return we can offer
- Excellent mentoring support and work within a supportive, high-performing team
- Challenging and exciting work in a great organisation
- The opportunity to bring new ideas and analysis into policy discussions
- A collaborative work environment where you will interact with a range of people and external stakeholders
To apply, please click here and follow the online process to register and submit your online application.
Applications close - Sunday 25 June. All applications must be made online.
Please see the attached Job Description for further detail and for more information please contact, Suzy Morrissey, Acting Manager, Tax Strategy - [email protected]