Principal Advisor - Tax Strategy
We have an exciting and rare opportunity for a highly-skilled Principal Advisor to join our team.
- Are you an experienced policy analyst with expertise in economics or tax?
- Do you have strategic thinking skills and a curious mind?
- Do you have the ability to provide high-quality advice and mentoring?
The Treasury is the New Zealand Government's lead economic and financial advisor. Our vision is to raise living standards for all New Zealanders. The Tax Strategy team provides tax policy advice to the Minister of Finance. Working together with Inland Revenue, we also deliver the Government's Tax Policy Work Programme, for which the Ministers of Finance and Revenue have joint responsibility.
In this role, you will:
- Provide intellectual leadership on strategic tax and economic policy issues. This can extend to non-tax areas of relatively high complexity, ambiguity, and sensitivity.
- Advise Ministers on potential tax policy changes and the future direction of the tax system.
- Work closely with senior officials on a wide range of exciting issues, engaging with teams across the Treasury and with Inland Revenue.
- Strong policy experience and expertise in economics or tax
- Excellent analytical and strategic thinking skills
- Highly-developed communication, influencing and relationship management skills
- A demonstrated ability in supporting, mentoring and developing others
- A strong post-graduate qualification in economics
In return we can offer:
To apply, please click here: apply now and follow the online process to register and submit your online application.
- Interesting and exciting work in a great organisation and a culture that supports a work-life balance
- The opportunity to influence policy at the highest levels
- A collaborative work environment in a high-performing team where you will interact with a wide range of people and external stakeholders
Applications close - Sunday, 10 September 2017. All applications must be made online.