Job Number: 2007066Business: GE CapitalBusiness Segment: Capital - InternationalAbout Us: GE (NYSE: GE) works on things that matter. The best people and the best technologies taking on the toughest challenges. Finding solutions in energy, health and home, transportation and finance. Building, powering, moving and curing the world. Not just imagining. Doing. GE works. For more information, visit the company's website at www.ge.comPosted Position Title: Field AuditorCareer Level: ExperiencedFunction: Risk ManagementFunction Segment: Portfolio ManagementLocation: AustraliaU.S. State, China or Canada Provinces: City: North SydneyPostal Code: 2060Relocation Assistance: NoRole Summary/Purpose:
- Perform due diligence analysis on current and prospective customers
- Customers are predominantly mid market Aust & NZ based companies with revenues between $30million - $500million
- Responsible for monitoring and making recommendations on GE's collateral risk
- Provide timely reporting as directed to managementEssential Responsibilities:
- Complete due diligence reports on new and existing customers, including but not limited to accounts receivable, inventory, cash and accounts payable
o Obtain and extract key data from financial information provided by customers
o Evaluate financial data against GE's risk management policies.
o Engage in detailed analysis (and/or provide training when required) with customer staff (predominately FCs and CFOs).
o Understand the customer, in particular invoicing procedures, cash controls and inventory costing.
- Provide, communicate and justify risk recommendations to Relationship Managers/Head of Risk based on due diligence completed.
- Communicate and report conclusions formed, rationale and evidence to Underwriters, negotiating the redirection of due diligence activities and emphasis as required.
- Keep Team Leader, Relationship Managers, and Underwriters informed and up to date on findings, due diligence activities and planned procedures
- Work towards specified deadlinesQualifications/Requirements: Good business knowledge and accurem
Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance well considered
Audit, insolvency or asset based lending experience also well considered
Report writing and client facing work experienceAdditional Eligibility Qualifications: Desired Characteristics:
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong communication (verbal and non-verbal) skill
- Advanced management skills, with proven ability to achieve deadlines.
- Competent with all Microsoft programs (especially excel, word and outlook).
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Developed team skills
- Commercial awareness
- Flexible and prepared to travel (approximately 20% inter state and 40% intra state travel)
- Drivers' license and car