Job Number: 2013040Business: GE Oil & GasBusiness Segment: OG-DS Drilling & SurfaceAbout Us: GE Oil & Gas is a world leader in advanced technologies and services with 43,000 employees in more than 100 countries supporting customers across the industry—from extraction to transportation to end use. Our unrelenting commitment to the environment, health and safety, quality and integrity defines us: it's The Way We Work.
We develop smart solutions for our customers across the oil and gas value chain delivering the innovation, customized service solutions, training programs and technology that helps them to maximize their efficiency, productivity and equipment reliability.
We partner with our customers to develop their next generation workforce; help them to fully benefit from the megatrends of natural gas, the growth of subsea and hard-to-reach reserves and the revolution in asset health management. Follow GE Oil & Gas on Twitter @GE_OilandGas.
As a truly global company, GE supports diversity in all forms. At GE, you will find an inclusive culture where you will be supported to grow, reach your potential and work on things that matter. See how GE works for you.
Women and indigenous candidates are encouraged to apply.Posted Position Title: Operations ManagerCareer Level: ExperiencedFunction: ManufacturingFunction Segment: Shop OperationsLocation: AustraliaU.S. State, China or Canada Provinces: City: WingfieldPostal Code: 5013Relocation Assistance: NoRole Summary/Purpose: The SA Operations Manager is responsible for the management of the manufacturing site within the Adelaide facility. Driving operational excellence through strong leadership and the ability to implement positive change. This includes oversight of functional areas of Assemble & Test; After Market Rental Repairs; Production Inventory Control and Stores.Essential Responsibilities:
- Lead and manage a team of five direct reports and a broader team of
- Ensure that departmental teams are managing all aspects of production, including: schedules, cost and quality.
- Coordinate material input to ensure On-Time-Delivery (OTD) and output schedules to maximize productivity.
- Interface with quality, fulfillment team, sourcing, engineering and logistics on a continuous basis.
- Drive process and product improvement programs and provide process method excellence throughout the organizations.
- Implement manufacturing plans to insure the highest possible quality products at the lowest possible cost delivered in accordance with schedule commitments.
- Structure assigned organization and staff positions with personnel to accomplish business objectives.
- Work with Team Leaders to assess daily schedules and establish or adjust work procedures to meet production requirements.
- Recommend measures to improve production methods, equipment performance and quality of products.
- Work to control inventory levels, cycle time and other aspects as required meeting schedules.
- Monitor daily activities and scheduling needs to meet customer delivery requirements.
- Supervise and support all departments under direct responsibility including:
o Workshop/Stores/Purchasing & Inventory Control/After Market.
- Coordinate production control specialists and provide work direction to the team as required to meet customer needs.
- Suggest changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency of shop, department and work crew.
- Analyze and resolve work problems or assists workers in solving problems.
- Initiate or suggest plans to motivate workers to achieve assigned work goals.
- Confer with other supervisors to coordinate activities of individual departments.
- Ensure compliance with safety, health and environment regulations.
- Manage and oversee technical training for personnel.
- Human Resource Responsibilities – staffing and organizing the workshop, production inventory control, and warehouse with qualified personnel, appraising performance and counseling personnel for personal development and improvement, adhere to and reinforce policies and procedures.
- Highlight and demonstrate a full understanding of GE PC Q/HSE procedures.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications: Desired Characteristics:
- Tertiary qualification in a relevant discipline (trade, diploma or degree); or four to ten years related experience and/or training; or *****alent combination of education and experience.
- Lean Six Sigma.
- A minimum of five years supervisory experience.
- Ideally a knowledge of GE's policies and procedures.
- Familiarity with all types of wellhead equipment and API standards would be useful.
- Intermediate Microsoft Office Suite skills.
- Well-developed oral and written communication skills.
- Sound interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Knowledge of manufacturing policies and regulations.
- Robust problem solving and analytical skills.
- Knowledge of the disciplines of manufacturing management such as production and inventory control, and standard cost systems.