Job Number: 2013038Business: GE Oil & GasBusiness Segment: OG-DS Drilling & SurfaceAbout Us: GE Oil & Gas is a world leader in advanced technologies and services with 43,000 employees in more than 100 countries supporting customers across the industry—from extraction to transportation to end use. Our unrelenting commitment to the environment, health and safety, quality and integrity defines us: it's The Way We Work.
We develop smart solutions for our customers across the oil and gas value chain delivering the innovation, customized service solutions, training programs and technology that helps them to maximize their efficiency, productivity and equipment reliability.
We partner with our customers to develop their next generation workforce; help them to fully benefit from the megatrends of natural gas, the growth of subsea and hard-to-reach reserves and the revolution in asset health management. Follow GE Oil & Gas on Twitter @GE_OilandGas.
As a truly global company, GE supports diversity in all forms. At GE, you will find an inclusive culture where you will be supported to grow, reach your potential and work on things that matter. See how GE works for you.
Women and indigenous candidates are encouraged to apply.Posted Position Title: PainterCareer Level: ExperiencedFunction: ManufacturingFunction Segment: Shop OperationsLocation: AustraliaU.S. State, China or Canada Provinces: City: BrendalePostal Code: 4500Relocation Assistance: NoRole Summary/Purpose: The Painter will prepare and coat product to provided specifications as required per drawing, engineering standards, shop orders and/or verbal instructions for corrosion resistance and aesthetic value.Essential Responsibilities:
- Utilize a variety of air tools, sanders, fiber wheels, paint guns and air nozzles
- Operation of air hoist.
- Plugging and masking of parts, as required.
- Paint in accordance with work orders, BOMS's, HEMP's and drawing specifications.
- Identify and describe process problems through the use of corrective action sheets.
- Perform task of substantial variety which may require knowledge of technique, tools, material, process and equipment.
- Grit blast, wipe component clean and paint utilizing spray gun.
- Complete required documentation or paperwork with accurate information such as routers, time tickets and inspection reports.
- Remove all sharp edges.
- Obtain required surface finishes.
- Inspect for visual defects and accurate stenciling.
- Be required to wear protective clothing, safety approved air breathing filter and goggles
- Use good inspection techniques, methods and tools for inspecting work.
- Highlight and demonstrate a full understanding of GEPC Quality & EHS procedures.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications: Desired Characteristics:
- Completion and passing grade of year 12;
- One to five years' relevant industry experience (inclusive of apprenticeship years if applicable);
- Working knowledge of workshop functions; and
- Three to five years' experience in industrial painting.
- Ability to understand and work from engineering drawings;
- Possess a strong mechanical aptitude, with an understanding of quality requirements;
- Physically fit as frequent manual handling is involved;
- Strong attention to detail and time management skills; and
- Compliance and EHS focused.