Job Number: 2011200Business: GE Oil & GasBusiness Segment: OG-SUBS Subsea SystemsAbout Us: Every day, all around Australia and New Zealand, we're at work helping our customers take on the toughest challenges. GE works on things that matter. Great people and advanced technologies working together in energy, water, health, transportation and finance. We put our imagination to work developing solutions to help move, power, cure and build Australia and New Zealand in unique ways and surprising places.
As a truly global company, GE supports diversity in all forms. At GE, you will find an inclusive culture where you will be supported to grow, reach your potential and work on things that matter. See how GE works for you.
Women and indigenous candidates are encouraged to apply.Posted Position Title: Controls Engineering Lead - ServicesCareer Level: ExperiencedFunction: Engineering/TechnologyFunction Segment: Product Design and DevelopmentLocation: AustraliaU.S. State, China or Canada Provinces: City: Jandakot, PerthPostal Code: 6164Relocation Assistance: NoRole Summary/Purpose: The Controls Engineering Lead - Services will be responsible for the day to day management of the Services Engineering Controls team. The individual will provide technical direction and contributions to a range of PCS systems, including existing installations and new regional EPC Oil and Gas drilling and production projects.
The individual will provide leadership to the Controls team and actively manage any regional PCS scopes assigned to the global center of excellence (COE).Essential Responsibilities: The role shall provide the management and direct technical support for existing installations by developing an in-depth knowledge of the regional PCS install base and shall:
- Include interfacing directly with the local services organisation, the customer base and working with the global COE to ensure effective troubleshooting of production critical issues.
- Provide support for Life of Field contracts for obsolescence management.
- Interpreting customer specifications/requirements for brownfield upgrades and developing practical and cost effective solutions in conjunction with the global COE, compliant to international and applicable regional standards.
- Working closely with the Regional Product Manager for Controls, Remote Monitoring & Power and Processing to develop technical solutions for future prospects.
The role shall provide local Controls expertise for all regional EPC projects. This includes the:
- Testing (SIT, SRT, EFAT) of all PCS equipment and systems, prior to deployment.
- Support during equipment installation and commissioning. Where applicable the development of timely solutions is to be developed and executed in conjunction with the COE.
The Lead Controls Engineer - Services will report to the Services Engineering Lead - APA based at GE's, Jandakot facility, Perth, Western Australia.
The principal roles and responsibilities of this position include the following, with other ancillary duties assigned as required at a level commensurate with the individual's experience.
- Compliance with all applicable environmental, health and safety regulations and quality requirements.
- Provide technical leadership to the Services Engineering Controls team.
- Be responsible for managing and developing the local services engineering controls team including planning and execution of work, CTRs, staff development, holiday requests and time writing.
- Ensure that local solutions are designed in accordance with current EHS legislation, industry standards and design codes.
- Develop, review and approve technical documentation including field service manuals, engineering specifications, drawings, guidelines, and repair procedures related to the refurbishment and condition assessment of equipment.
- Develop installation, preservation, acceptance test and system integration test procedures.
- Co-ordinate and, be prepared to preform support of operations which may occur outside of normal working hours (including weekends).
- Work with GE's regional service teams and centers of excellence to ensure global compliance with customer's technical and quality requirements.
- Assist internal and external customers on technical issues.
- Ensure high customer satisfaction by efficiently performing and completing work scopes on-time and on-budget.
- Disposition, review and approve service notifications and generate reports including root cause analysis (RCA) investigation and after action reports.
- Disposition deviations from suppliers and fabricators in support of the services workshop.Qualifications/Requirements:
- Degree qualified in an appropriate Electrical or Controls field.
- +8 years of engineering experience within the subsea industry (preferred) or related service organisation.
- Sound knowledge of environmental, health and safety, and quality regulations within the oil and gas industry.
- Wonderware or other HMI/SCADA experience
- PLC experience
- Solid Oil and Gas industry knowledge including subsea controls systems, SCMs, HPUs, trees, umbilicals, and distribution units.
- Field experience in subsea installations and interventions
- Knowledge of relevant and applicable International and Australian Standards.
- Prior team management experience.
- Flexible to travel to remote locations for periods of time in field environment (5-28 days) if required.
- Good communication skills, with an ability to communicate well in a multi-lingual/multi-cultural team environment.
- Good English language skills, both verbal and written.
- Proficient knowledge of computer software, such as MS Windows, MS Word, and MS Excel is preferred.
- Membership of a recognized professional engineering organisation is preferredAdditional Eligibility Qualifications: Desired Characteristics:
- Ability to influence others and create cohesive groups
- Strong process orientation in approach to work
- Project management and team organization experience
- Six Sigma training
- Service minded and good understanding of risk analysis and hazard mitigation.
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with internal and external customers.
- Good analytical skills combined with proven problem solving skills.
- Ability to cooperate in multi-disciplinary engineering groups.
- HUET / BOSIET
- CAD Familiarisation – PRO/E and AutoCAD.