Job Number: 2011061Business: GE Oil & GasBusiness Segment: OG-SUBS Subsea SystemsAbout Us: Every day, all around Australia and New Zealand, we're at work helping our customers take on the toughest challenges. GE works on things that matter. Great people and advanced technologies working together in energy, water, health, transportation and finance. We put our imagination to work developing solutions to help move, power, cure and build Australia and New Zealand in unique ways and surprising places.
As a truly global company, GE supports diversity in all forms. At GE, you will find an inclusive culture where you will be supported to grow, reach your potential and work on things that matter. See how GE works for you.
Women and indigenous candidates are encouraged to apply.Posted Position Title: Controls Engineer - ServicesCareer Level: ExperiencedFunction: Engineering/TechnologyFunction Segment: Product Design and DevelopmentLocation: AustraliaU.S. State, China or Canada Provinces: City: Jandakot, PerthPostal Code: 6164Relocation Assistance: YesRole Summary/Purpose: The Controls Engineer - Services will be responsible for providing solutions and contributions to a range of Production Controls Systems (PCS) products related to existing installations and new regional EPC Oil and Gas drilling and production projects.
The role will include interfacing directly with the local services organisation, the customer base and working with the global centers of excellence to ensure effective and efficient support is provided, compliant to customer requirements.Essential Responsibilities: The principal roles and responsibilities of this position include the following, with other ancillary duties assigned as required at a level commensurate with the individual's experience.
- Compliance with all applicable environmental, health and safety regulations and quality requirements.
- Ensure that equipment is designed in accordance with current EHS legislation, industry standards and design codes.
- Interpret customer specifications and identify equipment required to comply with specifications
- Disposition, review and approve service notifications and generate reports including root cause analysis (RCA) investigation and after action reports.
- Proactively participate in EHS standards including Concern Reports, STOP, job safety assessments (JSA) and risk assessments.
- Provide technical engineering support for assembly/refurbishment activities and installation/retrieval operations during business and non-business hours, including on-call duties during weekends/holidays
- Conduct design reviews and consult with other departments on designs, queries and field related applications.
- Disposition deviations from suppliers and fabricators in support of the services workshop.
- Develop and review technical documentation including field service manuals, engineering specifications, drawings, calculation packs, bill of materials, guidelines and repair procedures related to the refurbishment and condition assessment of equipment.
- Develop installation, preservation, acceptance test and system integration test procedures.
- Work with GE's regional service teams and centers of excellence to ensure global compliance with customer's technical and quality requirements.
- Assist internal and external customers on technical issues.
- Identify shortcomings in, or lack of, existing products and produce cost effective design solutions to comply with specifications.
- Ensure high customer satisfaction by efficiently performing and completing work scopes on-time and on-budget.
- Provide direct technical support for existing installations by developing an in-depth knowledge of the regional PCS install base
- Support during equipment installation and commissioning. Where applicable the development of timely solutions is to be developed and executed in conjunction with the COE
The Controls Engineer will report to the Services Engineering Lead - APA, based at GE??s, Jandakot facility, Perth, Western Australia.Qualifications/Requirements:
- BEng – Instrumentation and Control Systems Engineering, or Industrial Computer Systems Engineering or *****alent
- 3 years of engineering experience within the subsea industry (preferred) or related service organisation.
- Sound knowledge of environmental, health and safety, and quality regulations within the oil and gas industry.
- Service minded and good understanding of risk analysis and hazard mitigation.
- Proactive and results oriented, self-motivated and ability to work independently and in a team.
- Good analytical skills combined with proven problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of engineering design theory and manufacturing techniques.
- Flexible to travel to remote locations for periods of time in field environment (5-28 days) if required.
- Good communication skills, with an ability to communicate well in a multi-lingual/multi-cultural team environment.
- Good English language skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to cooperate in multi-disciplinary engineering groups.
- Proficient knowledge of computer software, such as MS Windows, MS Word, and MS Excel is preferred.Additional Eligibility Qualifications: Desired Characteristics: ·
- Ability to effectively provide direction and training to other engineers
- Wonderware or other HMI/SCADA experience
- PLC experience
- Solid Oil and Gas industry knowledge including subsea controls, SCMs, HPUs, trees, umbilicals, and distribution units.
- Field experience in subsea installations and interventions
- Knowledge of relevant and applicable International and Australian Standards.
- Hydraulic Control Experience
- HUET / BOSIET
- CAD Familiarisation – PRO/E and AutoCAD.
- Six Sigma training is preferred