Job Number: 2020381Business: GE HealthcareBusiness Segment: Healthcare Global ServicesAbout Us: What do you envision for your future? At GE Healthcare, we strive to see life more clearly. Our "healthymagination" vision for the future invites the world to join us on our journey as we continuously develop innovations focused on reducing healthcare costs, increasing access and improving quality and efficiency around the world.
We are a $17 billion unit of General Electric Company (NYSE: GE), employing more than 46,000 people worldwide and serving healthcare professionals in more than 100 countries. We believe in our strategy - and we'd like you to be a part of it. As a global leader, GE can bring together the best in science, technology, business and people to help solve one of the world's toughest challenges and shape a new age of healthcare.
GE is committed to diversity . We aim to employ the brightest minds in the world to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities . We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles - people like you …
Something remarkable happens when you bring together people who are committed to making a difference - they do!
At work for a healthier world.
For more information about GE Healthcare join our LinkedIn Group: GE Healthcare Global Community or visit our website www.gehealthcare.com/careers.
Posted Position Title: Field Service Engineer - LCSCareer Level: ExperiencedFunction: ServicesFunction Segment: Field ServicesLocation: AustraliaU.S. State, China or Canada Provinces: City: AdelaidePostal Code: 5950Relocation Assistance: NoRole Summary/Purpose: The Field Service Engineer is responsible for;
- developing and maintaining strong relationships with customers by providing excellent customer service
- maintaining all equipment models specific to a modality or modalities in their assigned area.
- Installations as requiredEssential Responsibilities:
- Install equipment in a professional manner in accordance with the Company standards and directives and customer requirements.
- Perform preventative maintenance on installed equipment in a professional manner in accordance with Company standards and directives and customer requirements.
- Make remedial maintenance calls in as timely a manner and fix the equipment in accordance with Company standards and directives and customer requirements.
- Ensure timely completion of FMIs
- Advise management when response time objectives cannot be met ie If there are two site visits in relation to the same problem, inform Senior Field Engineer (SFE).
- The Field Service Engineer retains ownership of the problem until it is resolved.
- The Field Service Engineer must keep the customer, SFE, and Service Delivery Manager (SDM) informed on progress.
- Keep management and sales staff fully aware of all developments in the installed base.
- Keep customers fully satisfied by keeping them informed as to activities when on site and/or working on their behalf whilst on site.
- Report regularly to management in accordance with reporting guidelines/procedures.
- Complete other assignments and projects as directed
- Follow the alert procedure for system down.
- Attend technical and general skills development training courses as directed and keep abreast of developments/technical product information.
- Work within the defined responsibilities as documented in GE Healthcare Spirit and Letter Commitment Form to ensure compliance
- Accurately complete and lodge all paperwork timely and within company guidelines
- Ensure all Company property (tools, test equipment, motor vehicle) is kept in optimum condition and that parts usage/ordering is optimised from both the Company's and the customer's point of viewQualifications/Requirements:
- Certificate of Electronic Engineering or *****alent trade
- Relevant licenses as required by Federal or State Legislation (eg: Electrical Licenses, Radiation License) and Work Cards (eg: White Card)Additional Eligibility Qualifications: Desired Characteristics:
- Technical capability of working on Medical Equipment preferred eg experienced Biomed
- Previous experience interpreting schematic diagrams to perform effective repair and planned maintenance of electronic and electro-mechanical equipment.
- Solid fault finding techniques.
- Demonstrated ability of working on various computer networking systems
- Demonstrable interpersonal skills / customer relationship management abilities
- Proven personal time management and reasoning skills.
- Strong Customer skills with the ability to communicate technical issues to the customer in an "easy to understand" manner.
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly.
- Experience interfacing with both internal team members and external customers as part of a solution based service process.
- High work standards and quality.