Job Number: 2033660Business: GE CapitalBusiness Segment: Capital - InternationalAbout Us: GE (NYSE: GE) works on things that matter. The best people and the best technologies taking on the toughest challenges. Finding solutions in energy, health and home, transportation and finance. Building, powering, moving and curing the world. Not just imagining. Doing. GE works. For more information, visit the company's website at www.ge.comPosted Position Title: Associate, Risk, Debtor FinanceCareer Level: ExperiencedFunction: Risk ManagementFunction Segment: UnderwritingLocation: AustraliaU.S. State, China or Canada Provinces: City: RichmondPostal Code: 3121Relocation Assistance: NoRole Summary/Purpose: The role is responsible for providing analytical & structuring support to Originators through the sales process with the preparation of New Business Files and DRM’s, highlighting and mitigating credit and operational risk issues. It will also provide support to Relationship Managers by
assisting with the preparation of annual reviews and quarterly reviews, including financial extraction, analysis and ratings.Essential Responsibilities: New Business .
- Preparation of DRM papers / Credit Submissions (adhering to policy & procedures) in order to be presented to Risk for approval.
- Historical financial analysis & sensitivity analysis based on 3 way forecast to assist with assessing facility parameters.
- Conduct due diligence to assess proposed security structure.
- Background research, including Veda & Google searches on the prospect & company directors.
- Assessment of the debtor profile to determine concentration issues.
- Mitigate any risks perceived with the transaction. Undertake financial and factorability assessment.
- Preparation of legal instructions in line with approval conditions and PPSR legislation, liaising with external lawyers and internal stakeholders.
- Undertaking AML Compliance checks
- Assist with the preparation of Quarterly and Annual Review documents
- Assist with any Facility Variations
- Assessment / financial analysis of the financial performance on the existing portfolio to address /
mitigate risks identified.
- Undertake Rating reviews within the portfolioQualifications/Requirements: - Preferably tertiary qualifications in a business related discipline
- 3 –5 years minimum experience in a commercial finance environment
- Solid knowledge and expertise in Debtor Finance
- Solid credit knowledge
- Overall understanding of commercial business practice
- Strong financial analysis capability
- An understanding of Risk control measures and legal issues associated with Debtor Finance
- Balancing the need for effective assessment of risk whilst retaining a customer focused approach and supporting business growth objectives
- Managing workflow peaks and troughs, notably sales SLA’s, whilst observing the potentially competing requirements of Originators and Relationship ManagersAdditional Eligibility Qualifications: Desired Characteristics: - Problem solving – ability to recommend solutions that meet the needs of the business- Time management skills with the ability to deliver to tight timelines- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite including: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook- Understanding of debt recovery procedures- Ability to work independently