Job Number: 2065321Business: GE CapitalBusiness Segment: Capital - InternationalAbout Us: When you join GE Capital, you become part of something much bigger.
We’re not only one of the largest financial lenders in Australia and New Zealand. We’re also part of the global GE business – a diversified technology, services and capital company, focused on solving some of the world's toughest problems and dedicated to creating products that make life better.
From cleaner jet engines to medical imaging, GE is dedicated to innovation in energy, healthcare, transportation and infrastructure. In Australia, GE involvement dates back to 1902 when it installed electric motors to open the Pyrmont Bridge over Darling Harbour in Sydney. Today, GE Capital employs more than 4,300 people in Australia and New Zealand and operates through several businesses that service a diverse range of markets and customers.
Our industry experts provide financing and services to commercial businesses, consumers and diverse markets worldwide to help them achieve their current and future goals. And we have a strong culture of inspiring careers to help you realise your potential.
Posted Position Title: Marketing Manager - CommercialCareer Level: ExperiencedFunction: MarketingFunction Segment: Commercial MarketingLocation: AustraliaU.S. State, China or Canada Provinces: City: RichmondPostal Code: 3121Relocation Assistance: NoRole Summary/Purpose: The role supports in executing the marketing communication agenda for the GE Capital Commercial organisation, playing a key role in developing and executing a highly effective program of marketing initiatives/solutions and content to support business strategy, grow the GE Capital brand and bring our ‘more than money’ value proposition to life. The role will also be required to support the Strategic Marketing agenda to generate leads and drive pipeline growth and conversion for the sales team.Essential Responsibilities: Product Marketing & Communications
Opex management, reporting, forecasting
- Implement Marketing initiatives for designated business units that communicate the value proposition to customers and meets GE Capital legal, compliance and branding requirements; whilst demonstrating tangible business recommendations based on customer insights.
- Support industry strategies by leading industry events, sponsorships and other industry initiatives.
- Deliver targeted acquisition and retention initiatives to support the Sales teams and business strategy to drive pipeline growth and conversion including (but not limited to) DM, PR, outbound calling, industry reports and newsletters.
- Assist in the development of major business project GTM plans and execute.
- Develop and implement internal & external marcomms (including advertising, promotional and public relations initiatives) in a way that enhances the achievement of business strategy. Support key initiatives such as NPI’s, system enhancements, cross functional projects, product and CVP/sales collateral.
- Work closely with the digital team to deliver content for GE Capital website as needed.
- Manage budget reconciliations, including PO raising, receipting and invoice processing in a timely manner and provide reporting to Opex leader as required on spend vs. budget.
- Ensure the area of responsibility is conducted in a compliant ethical manner consistent with GE Spirit & Letter and external legislative and regulatory requirements.
- Escalate any Compliance, Legislative or Regulatory issues and/or concerns through the appropriate channels.
- Understand and ensure all Compliance, Legislative & Regulatory responsibilities are met.
- Degree qualified (Marketing)
- Proven technical marketing skills across the disciplines of positioning, communication and promotion
- Experience in planning, developing, implementing and measuring integrated Marketing campaigns, both ATL and BTL, especially direct marketing and sales collateral.
- Experience managing external agencies
- Events management (desired)
- Market research experience (desired)
- E-marketing experience (desired)
Additional Eligibility Qualifications: Desired Characteristics: Skills
- 5 years in a marketing communications position
- Minimum 2 years budgetary management experience
- B2B experience highly regarded (but not essential)
- Requires an understanding of financial services industry dynamics including regulatory environment, compliance and credit risk.
- Proven ability to establish a strong and disciplined operating and communicating rhythm with key stakeholders
- Past record of developing effective networks internally and externally, across a range of business levels and positions.
- Requires a knowledge of risk and legal implications associated with Marketing strategies (desired)
- Working knowledge of Operations, Risk, Compliance, Sales (desired)
- Previous P&L exposure (desired)
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite
- Commercial acumenInfluencing skills, negotiation and stakeholder management
- Problem solving
- Proven presentation skills across all levels of the business including writing and delivering presentations
- Project and budget management
- Highly organised with the ability to simultaneously manage multiple tasks and projects with proven success in executing marketing strategies.
- Strong action-oriented focus, results driven, highly risk/result aware.
- Can anticipate problems and implement proactive solutions.
- Excellent and succinct communication skills – both written and oral
- Demonstration of the highest standard of integrity, will represent GE positively internally and externally.