Job Number: 2080273Business: GE CapitalBusiness Segment: Capital - InternationalAbout Us: Posted Position Title: Structured AnalystCareer Level: ExperiencedFunction: Risk ManagementFunction Segment: UnderwritingLocation: AustraliaU.S. State, China or Canada Provinces: City: RichmondPostal Code: 3121Relocation Assistance: NoRole Summary/Purpose: Responsible for the underwriting and structuring of mid-size transactions supporting the growth and profitability of the commercial finance business, specifically CDF, of GE Capital in Australia and New Zealand.Essential Responsibilities: Reports to the Underwriter Director who is responsible for the underwriting function for A&NZ. However reporting relationships could be modified in accordance with the needs of the business.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (RESPONSIBILITIES)
The following list is indicative (not comprehensive) of what this could include:
- Structure and underwrite mid-size transactions (Structured).
- Perform credit analysis, legal negotiation, documentation, security registration analysis, AML requirements, and condition satisfaction.
- Ensuring data inputs and account reporting is timely and accurate. Including with respect to account classification (eg: , PD/LGDs)
- Supporting such risk infrastructure and reporting activities as may be assigned from time to time.
- Knowledge of inventory finance relating to both dealer and manufacturer/distributor relationshipsQualifications/Requirements: PERFORMANCE MEASURES
Will include such measures as are appropriate to the specific assignment such as:
- Risk and Credit Skills and the application thereof to prudent risk management.
- Demonstrating ability to exercise independent credit judgement and perform an effective challenge function.
- KPIs as may be relevant and agreed upon from time to time;
- Efficiency of the underwriting activities and ability to ensure customer responsiveness.
- Industry, market and product knowledge
- Understanding of legal and security issues and application thereof
- Quality of verbal and written communications
- Quality of work effort, engagement and attitude
- Satisfactory audit results including Loan Review, Business Assurance, CAS, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications: Tertiary qualification (BA, MBA or CPA/CA) in commerce, business, accounting or finance, or CFA designation a plus
Experience: 3 years professional experience as a credit risk underwriter or related position
Technical Knowledge and Skills
- Inventory finance knowledge
- AIMS/COMS Knowledge
- Strong excel, word processing and power point skills
- Strong credit expertise – knowledge of credit, risk, process, collateral, legal and security issues.
- Clear, concise, and effective written & oral communicationAdditional Eligibility Qualifications: Desired Characteristics: Attributes/Behaviours
- Professional, mature and positive demeanor, providing inclusive interpersonal skills and abilities to work with various stakeholders
- Multi-skilled and versatile with ability to manage multiple tasks
- Abilities to work proactively to solve problems and work independently