Job Number: 2096384 Business: GE Aviation Business Segment: Aviation Supply Chain About Us: At GE Aviation Systems, we’re
reengineering the sky. From our work on flight efficiency services and integrated avionics to our innovations
in integrated electric power and propulsion systems and SmartGrid on aircraft, GE Aviation is dedicated to
turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world’s toughest problems. Join
us and you’ll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research
and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. At GE, developing people is embedded in
our culture and integral to our growth. Here, you’ll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest
caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it’s the next generation of
ecomagination products or the cockpit of tomorrow, we’ve got the state-of-the-art resources to make those
innovations a reality. If you’re passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and
unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation
systems that will impact the globe for generations to come. Posted Position Title: Senior Propeller Repair Technician Career Level: Experienced Function: Manufacturing Function Segment: Shop Operations Location: Australia U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces: City: Sydney; Melbourne; Brisbane Postal Code: Relocation Assistance: No Role Summary/Purpose: Located in Richmond, NSW this role will ensure support for the RAAF fleet of C130J aircraft through industry best practice repair and overhaul of C130J propellers, through personal application and team support. Essential Responsibilities:
- Perform on-site C130J Propeller systems maintenance inclusive of repairs, modification installation and preventative maintenance
- Provide technical instruction and assistance to the customer within the parameters of formal technical documents
- Provide ‘On the Job Training’ to customers in accordance with technical publications.
- Maintain knowledge of applicable product line and aftermarket contractual obligations.
- Ensure the efficient flow of work through the workshop to meet required delivery and quality metrics.
- Facilitate a productive and rewarding team culture.
- Train and develop team members.
- Perform administrative and other functions; such as writing technical reports, receiving and dispatching jobs, ordering materials and consumables, supporting quotations and capturing sales and cost avoidance opportunities.
- Maintain Environmental, Health and Safety, Quality related and other Compliance requirements in accordance with regulations and GE policies
- Comply with International Trade regulations aligned to GE requirements
- Provide customer insight / intelligence as necessary
- Utilize provided tools to track and maintain customer queries to closure.
- Provide ‘Hands On’ technical assistance to GE manufacturing and repair facilities to support output requirements
- Other duties as and when required.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications: Desired Characteristics: Possession of a current driver's license
- Possession of, or ability to obtain a Defence Security Clearance is a mandatory requirement.
- Certificate IV AME – Mechanical, in accordance with the National Aeroskills Training Package (MEA 97) or equivalent as demonstrated through Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL).
- Knowledge of, and/or experience in the maintenance and repair of propellers in both a workshop and field environment.
- Proven ability to work in and create a productive and rewarding environment for a small team.
- Demonstrated ability to train and coach peer and less experienced technical staff.
- A track record of delivering high level customer service.
- Proven manual dexterity to carry out a range of hand skills such as sanding, shaping assembly and disassembly.
- A track record of applying healthy, safe and compliant work practices.
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills including the ability to prepare technical reports.
- Proven ability to work autonomously to achieve outcomes within a defined time frame.
- Proven ability to use initiative and solve problems.
- Literate in the use of Microsoft Office packages and ability to learn internal computer systems.