Job Number: 2060049 Business: GE Capital Business Segment: Capital - International About Us: Posted Position Title: Collections Team Leader Career Level: Experienced Function: Collections Function Segment: Collections - Multi Stage Location: New Zealand U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces: City: Auckland Postal Code: 1010 Relocation Assistance: No Role Summary/Purpose: Operationalise collection strategies to achieve operational goals and objectives by leading, coaching and developing of Collections staff to achieve performance and quality targets while managing the department’s adherence to policy, compliance and other legal requirements. Essential Responsibilities: People Development
- Maintain employee development plans, including EMS reviews, personal development plans, monthly one-on-ones and goal setting.
- Identify training and development needs
- Implement change initiatives, driving the creation of a continuous improvement and high performance culture
- Facilitate performance management and disciplinary activities
- Implement customer experience initiatives
- Effective management of the complaints process
- Manage internal customer relationships
- Develop and promote GE Money’s reputation by executing on internal and external relationship opportunities
- Prepare and maintain applicable reporting, analytics, metrics and monthly reporting
- Monitor team/department productivity metrics
- Review quality compliance and auditing
- Continually improve business processes
- Leverage business-wide knowledge for best practice
- Manage dialler outputs and communicate dialler strategies for operational effectiveness
- Monitor dialler performance and approve dialler changes (including exclusions).
- Achieve daily dialler targets.
Peer Coaching/Customer Experience
- Provide staff with guidance in handling difficult or complex problems or in resolving escalated complaints or disputes
- Train or instruct staff in job duties or company policies or arrange for training to be provided – training/coaching sessions to be delivered as per agreed with the Product Leader
- Highlight staff performance concerns with the Product Leader.
- Evaluate calls and provide coaching feedback in accordance with GE Money’s Call Coaching Policy and Procedures
- Provide call coaches and Product Leader with exceptions as per Call Coaching Policy and Procedures
- Identify and raise any concerns or issues identified within call evaluations to Product Leader and/or Compliance immediately
- Schedule Quality Assurance monthly plan
- Maintain and follow through on a personal development plan
- One-to-one with direct leader to focus on development plans
- Participate in technical, functional and soft skills training as required
- Engagement in project work as required
Compliance Responsibilities & Measures
- Work in accordance with all GE policies and procedures, demonstrating high ethical standards consistent with the GE Spirit & Letter.
- Immediately escalate any potential compliance issues to the Product Leaders, Compliance, Legal, HR or through any Open Reporting channels
- Complete 100% of all Compliance training and any other training as assigned to you when due
- Ensure you adhere to all the Environment, Health & Safety (EHS) policies, procedures and responsibilities as detailed in the EHS Manual on the EHS Links site
- Other related tasks as agreed
- Supports and contributes to a culture of strong performance and consequence management
- Resolves compliance and performance issues in line with GE consequence management Qualifications/Requirements:
- A tertiary qualification in a relevant/related field is desirable, along with a minimum of 2+ years leadership experience in a contact/call centre environment preferably within the financial services industry.
- Strong investigative, audit and analytical skills are essential as is the ability to formulate, analyse and prepare reports on statistical information.
- Demonstrable knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modelling, leadership techniques, and coordination of people and resources.
- Demonstrable knowledge of the principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Working knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records. Additional Eligibility Qualifications: Desired Characteristics: Skills/Abilities Coaching and Development - Uses appropriate interpersonal styles to inspire and guide direct reports to action; supports and facilitates development of knowledge and skills. Recognises the need to provide timely feedback, guidance, mentoring, and training to help individuals reach goals; shares information on individual performance relative to expected standards; facilitates discussion on improvement strategies. Influencing /Negotiation Skills - Understands the importance of listening and questioning skills and effectively exploring alternatives and positions to reach outcomes to gain all parties’ support and acceptance. Judgment and Decision Making — Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one. Critical Thinking — Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems. Written Comprehension — The ability to read and understand information and ideas presented in writing. Oral Expression — The ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand. Monitoring — Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action. Social Perceptiveness — Being aware of others' reactions and understanding why they react as they do. Service Orientation — Actively looking for ways to help people. Working knowledge of applicable laws, legal codes, court procedures, precedents, government regulations in New Zealand is highly desirable.