Job Number: 2351282Business: GE Oil & GasBusiness Segment: OG-HQ HeadquartersAbout Us: GE (NYSE: GE) is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. GE is organized around a global exchange of knowledge, the "GE Store," through which each business shares and accesses the same technology, markets, structure and intellect. Each invention further fuels innovation and application across our industrial sectors. With people, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for customers by speaking the language of industry. www.ge.com
GE Oil & Gas is a world leader in advanced technologies and services with 43,000 employees in more than 100 countries supporting customers across the industry—from extraction to transportation to end use. Our unrelenting commitment to the environment, health and safety, quality and integrity defines us: it’s The Way We Work.
We develop smart solutions for our customers across the oil and gas value chain delivering the innovation, customized service solutions, training programs and technology that helps them to maximize their efficiency, productivity and equipment reliability.
We partner with our customers to develop their next generation workforce; help them to fully benefit from the megatrends of natural gas, the growth of subsea and hard-to-reach reserves and the revolution in asset health management.Posted Position Title: Commercial Finance ManagerCareer Level: ExperiencedFunction: FinanceFunction Segment: Financial Planning and AnalysisLocation: AustraliaU.S. State, China or Canada Provinces: City: JandakotPostal Code: 6164Relocation Assistance: NoRole Summary/Purpose: Responsible for overall Commercial Finance and Treasury for GE Oil & Gas AustraliaEssential Responsibilities: This role will support all P&Ls of GE O&G in Australia including but not limited to Turbomachinery, Global Services, Subsea, Drilling & Offshore and Measurement & Control.
The ideal candidate will integrate and develop processes that meet business needs across the organization and support the commercial team in delivering profitable growth targets.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Partnering with Sales, ITO/OTR, Project Manager (Commercial Organization) and Legal Counsel during Deals & Commercial Negotiation for GE O&G Australia.
- Proactively defining and recommending solutions that strengthen deal terms and minimize financial and overall deal risk.
- Driving approval on Finance Policy
- Ensuring accuracy and completion of data in SFDC.
- Assist team in pricing analysis.
- Coordination for Hedging, Embedded Derivatives, Bank Accounts Management with Global Treasury Org.
- Driving Cash and Progress Collection turnover improvements. Cash Flow Management … focus on payment terms, past dues, commercial disputes.
- Lead ad-hoc / additional commercial-related projects with GGO (GECARS) and/or other function.
- Driving a robust ITO-OTR hand over.
- Providing visibility to commercial performance for GE Oil & Gas Australia as a key member in Operating Mechanism (QMI / GPB).
- Partner with FP&A to drive commercial execution across the business by tracking of key commercial KPIs such as orders forecast, convertibility plan, contribution margin, price and down payments.
- Managing Variable compensation plan administration from a financial point of view (modeling).
- Partner with Controllership ensuring adherence to order and revenue recognition policies.
- Partner with Controllership providing an overall controllership support & encouraging compliance culture.Qualifications/Requirements: - Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance.
- At least 6 additional years of experience in a financial position.
- Fluent English, other language is a plus.Additional Eligibility Qualifications: Desired Characteristics: - FMP & CAS and experience of finance within O&G industry is strongly preferred.- Controllership background.- Familiar with Oracle ERP system & Hyperion.- Strong analytical skills: able to clearly link financial results to operational performance drivers generate alternatives and drive positive change.- Able to anticipate, identify, and resolve complex financial issues.- Demonstrated ability to lead in a matrix team environment.- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to influence others and drive change while working across all levels, functions, regions.- Excellent oral and written communication skills.- Solid PC skills: experience with financial systems/applications, strong Excel skills in data compilation and aggregation (i.e. pivot tables, vlookup and macros) and strong skills in PowerPoint.- Established analytical and project management ability.- Adaptable/Flexible: being open to change in response to new information, different or unexpected circumstances, and/or to work in ambiguous situations.- A good understanding of the financial risk implication relating to contracts.