Job Number: 2424960Business: GE Global OperationsBusiness Segment: Global Ops-AsiaAbout Us: GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.Posted Position Title: Customs Country Leader-ANZ.Career Level: ExperiencedFunction: LogisticsFunction Segment: CustomsLocation: AustraliaU.S. State, China or Canada Provinces: City: MelbournePostal Code: 3121Relocation Assistance: NoRole Summary/Purpose: Essential Responsibilities:
Qualifications/Requirements: > Good Bachelors degrees (BA/BS) in Economics, International Business or equivalent.
- Support Center of Excellence (CoE) import and export transactions that serve Australia import and export transactions.
- Support the negotiation of cross-business contracts with and manage third-party providers, such as customs clearance agents (brokers), classification and additional service support.
- Perform broker audits on import entries to meet key performance indicators and customer CTQ’s.
- Audit import and export transactions to ensure compliance with relevant laws and regulations, and provide regular reporting of compliance metrics.
- Support onsite compliance reviews of the businesses and assist them in setting up regular self-audit programs and in establishing compliance process improvements.
- Support programs and projects to take advantage of Free Trade Agreements (including management of certificates of origin) and other duty-savings opportunities.
- Analyze and facilitate vendor FTA and other concessionary certificates to verify products qualify under the Government Regulations.
- Provide general guidance, assistance and advice to the businesses in support of their import and export operations and in solving import and export regulatory problems.
- Support business with education and training as necessary to business personnel, suppliers, and customers, to support compliance and duty-savings programs.
- Support Local/Country/Regional GE Customs Council Communities.
- Provide analysis, planning, advice and problem solving services to GE Businesses on matters of compliance with Government’s Customs Laws & Regulations
- Support the classification of products.
- Act as liaison and support local and regional Customs officials in resolving government inquiries and audits.
- Drive innovative change for increased productivity and implement quality process improvements using Quality tools & rigor.
- Utilize measurements to capture costs, duty payments and performance in the areas of compliance, accuracy and timeliness.
- Review GE Business’s import programs for concessionary savings opportunities and compliance risk avoidance.
> Preferably with more than 5-6 years of relevant working experience in Customs/trade compliance-related operations or consultancy
> Demonstrated understanding of Customs / trade compliance & logistics processes. Especially familiar with free trade zone, bonded logistics park, processing trade and electronic industrial HS Code classification.
> Excellent analytical, problem-solving, writing, interpersonal and communication skills
> Self-starter, creative, exhibits ownership, initiative, clear thinker and able to work as a team
> Highly motivated, proactive with strong leadership, growth potential, be willing to stretch and results oriented.
> Strong interpersonal, team and communication skills for sharing information openly, fully and accurately.
> Clear thinker with good organizational and prioritization skills who can simplify strategy into specific actions, make decisions and communicate priorities.
> Strong customer focus demonstrating an understanding of a customer's business and industry, and assisting vendors to understand customer needs.
> Understanding Risk/Legal with the ability to research and comprehend issues relating to regional import regulations.
> Strong Word, Excel and PowerPoint skills. Excellent Presentation Skills
> Self-motivated with the ability to work independently, achievement oriented, ambitious, enthusiastic and energetic.
> Ability to interact at all organization levels
> Must be able to travel periodically.
> Ability to build individual relationships internally and externally and illicit confidence of others.
> Able to work effectively in a fluid and fast paced environment.Additional Eligibility Qualifications: Desired Characteristics: Six Sigma Green or BB certifiedLicensed Customs Broker