Job Number: 2645332Business: GE HealthcareBusiness Segment: Healthcare Life SciencesAbout Us: GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.Posted Position Title: Life Sciences Business Leader, Australia & New ZealandCareer Level: ExperiencedFunction: SalesFunction Segment: Sales ManagementLocation: AustraliaU.S. State, China or Canada Provinces: City: RichmondPostal Code: 3121Relocation Assistance: NoRole Summary/Purpose: The Life Sciences (LS) Business Leader is accountable to grow sales revenue and margins for the LS product/product range within Australia & New Zealand. The Business Leader drives a coherent product differentiation and commercial strategy for their business and optimizes the use of resources in order to achieve the Operating plan.
The LS Leader is responsible to inform GE Healthcare of evolving market and customer needs to drive the continuous product innovation adapted to local market needs.Essential Responsibilities: Financial Performance
- Is accountable to achieve the quarterly and yearly Product/Solution/Service P&L Operating Plan targets (Orders, Sales, Contribution Margin, Base Costs and Operating Margin and Cash (where applicable) for assigned geographical area.
- Is accountable for timely and accurate forecasting of pipeline and sales per the normal reporting cycles within the Product Business unit and Geographical Region.
- Provide input to the formulation of the yearly business planning cycles for within their Product Business Unit and Geographical Region e.g. Growth Playbook and Session II.
Customer, market and Product expertise
- Continuously develop deep clinical and technical knowledge including awareness of current and future trends in healthcare technology and healthcare funding mechanisms
- Continuously update their understanding the customers changing issues and challenges
- Understand and analyze market dynamics and competition to develop business opportunities for the specialist and account teams in the region. Provide ongoing feedback to management, Region and marketing
- Educate, coach and direct the differentiation (position, value proposition and key messages) of their product/solution/service within their region. Continiously positions the value of their product within the relevant GEHC care areas/disease areas.
- Know, interact and execute the strategy with Key Opinion Leaders in product relevant care areas; maintain professional relations with key customers, academia, government & administrative bodies in order to ensure understanding of needs and that GEHC product value proposition is differentiated in the minds of these key customer groups. Nurture relationships with professional society stakeholders.
- Ensure and validate up to date knowledge of product positioning and differentiation messages with in their teams.
- Determine the market potential for their product/product range or segment and prioritize the opportunities
- Align territories to market potential and priorities and assign optimal sales resources
- Attract, retain, educate and develop world-class talents to realise product commercial strategy
- Is responsible to communicate appropriate operating plan targets based on their product market potential, for their first line managers
- Is accountable to ensure compliance and execution of the regional sales process and rules of engagement within their teams
- Is responsible to ensure that all sales teams have clear opportunity management activity and call plans to ensure efficient coverage of decision makers and influencers.
- Is responsible to ensure that all team members utilize the required sales systems to create pipeline visibility and assist accurate forecasting.
- Is responsible for driving optimal operating mechanisms to monitor and track progress of opportunities in the pipeline as well as forecasting performance against Operating Plan, with their teams
- Is responsible to drive optimal operating mechanisms to deliver on fulfillment targets and order backlog commitments
- Is responsible to communicate, execute and leverage the Variable Sales Incentive plans with their teams.
- Drives performance development within the team, providing a regular operating mechanism of feedback and coaching
- Is responsible to regularly have “infield coaching” sessions with each one of their team members on for example how to cover opportunities and territory, differentiating and presenting the value of product and managing opportunities. Provides regular, timely and productive development feedback.
- Create regular opportunities to involve the team to share best practices on opportunity management
- Is role-model to team for utilizing GEHC resources and networks to create and manage opportunities
- Regularly provides update to team on company, region product strategies and customer insights.Qualifications/Requirements: 1. Education to Bachelor Degree level.
2. Experienced in Business Management or Sales / Marketing in progressive leadership positions within the Healthcare industry with in-depth knowledge of healthcare market and decision makers.
3. Demonstrated business management and resource allocation skills including business plan development.
4. Strong knowledge of GEHC and of products and services offered within the business.
5. Exemplary people management, leadership skills, as well as sales coaching & team building skills.
6. Strong business acumen; financial and organizational skills.
7. Advanced negotiation, problem solving and influencing skills.
8. High level presentation and interpersonal skills; able to communicate and present ideas to customers in a way that produces understanding and impact that builds effective strategic relationships.
9. Ability to energize, develop, and build rapport, collaboration and influence at all levels within an organization. Act as inspirational leader with optimism, highly approachable and humble.
10. Ability to operate effectively in a multi-tasking, dynamic environment, while maintaining a forward-thinking and customer-first attitude. Quality Specific Goals:
1. Aware of and comply with the GEHC Quality Manual, Quality Management System, Quality Management Policy, Quality Goals, and applicable laws and regulations as they apply to this job type/position.
2. Complete all planned Quality & Compliance training within the defined deadlines.
3. Identify and report any quality or compliance concerns and take immediate corrective action as requiredAdditional Eligibility Qualifications: Desired Characteristics: 1. Master’s degree preferred.
2. Fluency in English language.
3. Healthcare experience.
4. Direct and/or Indirect management experience; managing in a matrix organization.
5. Strong track record in high technology product sales / solutions