Job Number: 2640694Business: GE Global Growth OrganizationBusiness Segment: Global Growth Organization - Australia/New ZealandAbout Us: GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Join GE and you’ll discover a career opportunity of incredible diversity – across disciplines and around the globe. No other company invests in the development, training and advancement of its employees the way we do, because we believe it is our innovative thinking that is our strength, and that strength is what enables GE to make a positive impact on tomorrow, today.Posted Position Title: Financial Management Program (FMP) - Graduate - January 2017Career Level: ExperiencedFunction: FinanceFunction Segment: Leadership and Pipeline ProgramsLocation: AustraliaU.S. State, China or Canada Provinces: City: North Sydney, Jandakot, MelbournePostal Code: 2060Relocation Assistance: NoRole Summary/Purpose: GE are excited to announce the opportunity for Graduates to join our Financial Management Program (FMP) in January 2017 in our Melbourne, Sydney or Perth offices. The FMP is an intensive two-year entry-level program spanning four rotational assignments across Australia and New Zealand.Essential Responsibilities: This is a dynamic program that develops leadership and analytical skills through a combination of on-the-job and classroom training and formal finance and leadership course work. Hands-on experience may include financial planning and analysis, controllership accounting, auditing, commercial finance, pricing and treasury.
The FMP provides:
- 4 x 6 month rotation assignments across Australia and New Zealand.
- Completion of formal finance and leadership coursework.
- Regular opportunities to "pitch out" to senior stakeholders.
- Exclusive roundtable events with GE's worldwide business leaders.
- Buddy and Mentor Program.
- Mid-rotation and end-of-rotation appraisals.
- Job shadowing program.
- Residential development days over the 2 year program.
- Opportunities to enter GE's Corporate Audit Staff (CAS); a career accelerator leadership program.Qualifications/Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree (Majors in Finance and/or Accounting highly regarded but not essential).
- Graduate in 2016 or have graduated within the last 2 years.
- Achieved academic excellence.
- Hold the appropriate entitlement to work in Australia & New Zealand at date of application (Permanent Resident of Australia or an Australian Citizen or New Zealand Citizen).
- Available to start with GE in January 2017
- Demonstrated leadership ability, initiative and autonomy.
- Geographic mobility in accepting rotational assignments. FMPs may be required to complete rotations in the following locations: Perth, Brisbane, Melbourne, Sydney, Adelaide and Auckland.Additional Eligibility Qualifications: Desired Characteristics:
- Prior summer vacation, intern, co-op, cadet or work experience in a financial field.
- A passion to pursue a career in Corporate Finance and/or Accounting.
- Microsoft Excel skills.
- Excellent communication skills.If you believe you possess these qualities then we want to hear from you. We believe the more we show you today, the more we may be able to learn from you tomorrow. Our bright futures may well intertwine.Applications close 5pm AEST Friday 31st August 2016 - Resume and Cover Letter need to be attached for applications to be considered complete.Visit www.ge.com/au/graduates for more information on our Graduate and Intern ProgramsLike the GE Careers Australia and New Zealand Facebook page for regular updates on Graduate and Intern opportunities: www.facebook.com/gecareersaunzFor further information or questions relating to your application, please email [email protected]