Job Number: 2666353Business: GE AviationBusiness Segment: Aviation Supply ChainAbout Us: GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Aviation – Aviation Systems
At GE Aviation Systems, we’re
reengineering the sky, from our work on flight efficiency services and integrated avionics, to our innovations
in integrated electric power and propulsion systems and SmartGrid on aircraft.Posted Position Title: Avionics TechnicianCareer Level: ExperiencedFunction: ManufacturingFunction Segment: Shop OperationsLocation: AustraliaU.S. State, China or Canada Provinces: City: Brisbane, Sydney, MelbournePostal Code: 4008Relocation Assistance: NoRole Summary/Purpose: Based in Brisbane this role contributes to the highly successful operation of the avionics and electromechanical workshops by performing highest quality bench repairs up to component level of electronic and / or electromechanical equipment. Ensure all work is efficiently and economically completed. Work within a teaming environment, by assisting other technicians, scheduler, Repairs Manager, stores, administration and all other pertinent GE Aviation personnel to maximise customer satisfaction.Essential Responsibilities: 1. Ensure a high level of customer satisfaction through the application of excellent repair and test services, open communication, continuous improvement and effective completion of required administration tasks.
2. Ensure high levels of safety for customers by a strong focus on quality outcomes and adherence to regulatory compliance in all activities.
3. Ensure profitable operations in both contract and non - contract servicing.
4. At all times comply with all GE Aviation guidelines and policies.
5. Ensure effective and efficient operation of equipment, tooling and physical resources to meet the company’s and customers’ needs.
6. Maintain a sound knowledge of all company processes and procedures, including but not limited to the Quality Manual, Quality procedures, Work instructions, EHS instructions and procedures and the GE Spirit and Letter. .
7. Develop and maintain knowledge of, and adhere to, the Site Quality, Safety Management and EH&S policies and other compliance requirements. Bring forward for resolution any identified risks utilising provided open reporting systems.
8. Actively participate in the teaming employed in the workshop, by assisting the team meet their goals and objectives, and by offering ideas and solutions to the team for shared problems. Participate in team meetings and when needed by the team act as team scheduler for the prescribed period.Qualifications/Requirements: Possession of a Certificate IV Aeroskills (Avionics) or equivalent.
Proven ability to effectively work in a team environment and positively contribute to the team’s performance.
Effective verbal and written communications skills, with the ability to complete technical service reports and communicate effectively with peers and management.
Competency in electronic and / or electromechanical maintenance and aircraft equipment technical aspects.
Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot and solve technical problems.
A track record of compliance adherence, including EHS, ethical behaviour and regulatory requirements
A proven communicator with success working in a team environment and communicating with peers and customers
Demonstrate a commitment to learning and updating knowledge.Additional Eligibility Qualifications: Desired Characteristics: