Job Number: 2650298Business: GE PowerBusiness Segment: PWR-WDP Water & Distributed PowerAbout Us: GE Water & Process Technologies is a leading global solutions provider of water, wastewater, desalination and process systems. Incorporating trusted brands such as Osmonics, Betz, Ionics and ZENON our solutions enable our clients to minimize cost and maximize performance. With an unmatched technology portfolio, and as part of one of the world’s largest and most respected companies, GE Water & Process Technologies is perfectly positioned to address growing global water challenges.Posted Position Title: Lead Sales Specialist 2 - SalesCareer Level: ExperiencedFunction: SalesFunction Segment: Sales OriginationLocation: AustraliaU.S. State, China or Canada Provinces: City: NewcastlePostal Code: 2060Relocation Assistance: NoRole Summary/Purpose: GE Water and process technologies have a number of contracts with industrial sites in Newcastle to provide technical services and chemicals for cooling systems and boilers. This position is responsible for the sales and service function of the assigned water treatment contracts.Essential Responsibilities: Responsibilities include management of customers, on site visits, production of service reports, proposals and review of engineering files.
Additional responsibility is in growing the business base in the assigned area. A number of new customers have ongoing projects and proposals presented that will need to be maintained.
Key responsibilities of this position include:
- Provide quality technical service and products to assigned customer accounts.
- Ensure all customer accounts are serviced at the frequency required.
- Communicate information to the District Manager concerning the water treatment market.
- Responsible for selling the GE Water portfolio to new and existing accounts
- Manage assigned customer accounts to achieve increased value for both GE and customers.
- Manage an assigned budget and grow sales within existing and new accounts.
- Define sales strategy for targeted clients and area.
- Work with Mining Growth Team to develop new business in the area.
- Provide industry technical expertise depending on applicant.Qualifications/Requirements:
- Tertiary qualifications in Engineering or related Chemical Science field or suitable professional or trade background associated with the water treatment industry.
- Previous account management experience in the water treatment industry.
Skills & Attributes:
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to build long term strong business relationships.
- Ability to balance the sale and service elements of position.
- Strong account management skills.
- Tenacity and commitment to achieving sales targets.Additional Eligibility Qualifications: Desired Characteristics: The correct candidate will also be an industry technical leader.